How can we improve Huel? (both product and service)

Berry Huel eh? I’d try a bag of that…

1 Like

If there were to be a version of Huel that had slightly fewer vitamins and minerals per serving, do that they equaled 100% of daily value at a higher calorie count, I wouldn’t be afraid of overdoing it on vitamins and minerals if I wanted to go 100%-Huel with 2500 calories or so.

Or is having 125% of all the vitamins and minerals safe to do?

I wish I could give you a solid answer, but the truth is that it depends on the individual and a range of factors. We have some helpful info on deficiencies and toxicities of vitamins and minerals, here.

1 Like

RDA is pretty low for mostly everything, so 125% is probably still below what many need (especially considering absorption is frequently less than 100%)

If you have normal organ function you will flush excess amount of water soluable vitamins. I would be very surprised if 2500 calories of Huel could build up levels of fat-soluable vitamin, especially if you are consuming the extra calories because you are working out enough to be so hungry. I’d suggest talking to your doctor with actual lab values in-hand so you know exactly what to be concerned about rather than guess about long-term health impact from too-good nutrition :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d like to see berry flavors and peanut butter. Also a container that holds 3 scoops of huel and fits nicely inside the huel shaker.

5 Likes

How about include a one cup scoop so we don’t have to scoop three times. Considering a little particles seem to be static charged and like to hop off of the scoop it makes for less of a mess if we can only scoop just one time because I always use three scoops.

4 Likes

Even for those that don’t do the full three scoops, a simple line on the cup could denote 1 or 2 scoops as well. I like the idea of having to scoop less, because I too tend to get flyaway powder with each scoop.

3 Likes

A scoop with lines is a great idea

1 Like

peanut butter would be awesome.

1 Like

You can always put what you need into a resealable sandwich baggie, or the snack bags. This gives you your single serve packets that are easier to carry and that you can reuse if you want to cut down on waste.

1 Like

Like a lot of others I’d like to see more flavor boost. Bars would be welcomed as well. I do disagree with the scoop though. Weighing your Huel is much more accurate. I’ve never gotten 127g in 3 scoops, more around 100g when weighed. It’s much easier to get only a few grams in the smaller scoop. The bigger the scoop the more powder you tend to grab.

Other than things like the cookies, muffins, brownies, etc. it’d be great to get a recipe to make our own bars. Think I may try it myself using oats and peanut butter, maybe some coconut oil. If I get around to doing this I’ll try to post results.

2 Likes

My suggestion seems obvious but I read this whole thread and couldn’t find it mentioned. In order to have Huel 3 times a day I’d need to order 6 bags a month. For a full 4 serving per day I’d need 9 bags a month.

(30 days * 3 meals) = 90 servings / 14 servings per bag = 6.4 bags per month

120 servings / 14 per bag = 8.5 bags per month

Any chance of increasing the 1.78kg/3.9lb size bag so that there are fewer bags in each shipment? Increased packaging size would not only mean less waste but would be cheaper for Huel to manufacture and maybe cheaper for us to purchase.

2 Likes

Same here use my empty bags for handouts /samples. I am looking for a way to upcycle them now for a backpack or like duct tape wallet kind crafts. Maybe book covers…etc. maybe start a forum for Huel bag crafts. @Teresa_Huel

7 Likes

Cell phone case…create sample packs of huel with a heat sealer… cellphone pouch…mousepad…a mini fashion backpack …a lunchbag [for regular food eaters]…emergency water holding bag…snack bag for road trips…etc.

3 Likes

Lunch bag sounds good! And a minimal wallet eh

1 Like

What if there were one more piece that can come with a shaker. (or charge a little for it) It snaps or screws onto the bottom of the existing black lid, storing Huel powder inside. (Will the black lid hold one cup?)

That way you can add powder, snap on the cover to the bottom of the lid, and dispense when needed. Maybe the snap on cover could be threaded to keep it attached to the bottle still.

I wouldn’t need one personally, but sounds like there are some that like to mix their Huel on location.

2 Likes

I am not sure if this might be somewhere in the replies. I just thought of it, but don’t have time to read through all the replies. I think a good option to offer would be a flavor taster sampler. It isn’t the most efficient on packaging, but I think it could sway more people to potentially try the flavor additions. Basically offer a package that includes a sampler of each flavor addition. That way people can figure out what they like before committing to a full package of that flavor.

I know I can be sort of picky about flavorings for Huel so I have refrained from ordering any flavors because I don’t want to spend $9 and then end up hating it. Not only did I just lose $9, but all that flavoring is likely to go to waste too. I finally caved and got strawberry since I haven’t encountered a strawberry flavored thing I didn’t like, but the others I’m too skeptical about to try. I would definitely try a sampler pack that’s a little less on the price and has just a few servings worth of each flavor.

3 Likes

@dugonian great minds think alike. It’s in the pipeline and will be live shortly.

5 Likes

I would like to see a better way to add one time add items to the subscription order.

For example, I want an extra bottle but don’t need it right away. I’m totally okay waiting for the next subscription shipment to get the extra bottle. Same for Flavor Boosts since I wouldn’t use a whole bag of it in a subscription cycle.

I guess I can add an item to the subscription and then remove it after the shipment but I will probably forget to remove it…

2 Likes

So glad to hear this! Can finally try the flavor boosters! :raised_hands::metal:

1 Like