Tell Us Your Unflavored Huel Hacks!

Calling all Unflavored Huelers (in preference, not personality :wink:)!

We’re working on some great content for people that prefer the UnflavoredUnsweetened version to help them find ways to flavor and sweeten their Huel. So, who better to ask than the Huelers themselves to share creative creations with us. Since we are big on convenience and nutrition on-the-go, the easier the concoction, the better! Your idea just might make it into our video!

These are some of the ideas our team has come up with so far:

50/50 Unflavored/Vanilla
Add your own sweetener: stevia or monk fruit - other healthy alternatives?
Powdered peanut butter
Different milks - which are your favorites?
Flavor Boosts
Cinnamon - any other spices?
Vanilla extract

We want to hear from YOU! Comment below with your favorite U/U hacks. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

celery
carrots
green onion
cilantro
and spicy V8 instead of water
tastes like you’re drinking a taco.

7 Likes

Seriously, my favorite is to use a blender and add a banana. So frothy and awesome. Changes the entire taste and consistency.

Trying some stuff with Cacao powder and chia seeds and ground flax seeds (not all together) but don’t have anything to recommend yet.

4 Likes

I made a batch of “runny” guacamole and added huel, it was the consistency of pudding. Since the guacamole is pretty spicy (and I add lime juice to mine) I couldn’t taste the Huel at all. I ate it like pudding not on Mexican food.

1 Like

I’ve only done it once, but I was a little surprised to find Sriracha Sauce works alright with UU Huel. It wasn’t amazing or anything but I’d do it again. It is nice to have a simple variant that is not a fruit or other sweet flavor.

I was inspired by the successful reports of mixing with a spicy V8 blend because I was jealous and wanted spicy Huel too.

I would caution about adding too much as I think the flavor could become too vinegary and risk ending up with a combination like dill pickle juice.

3 Likes

I like to keep it simply and fast:

4oz Cranberry juice
12oz water
Crystal lite lemonade packet (or classic orange)
62g HUEL (1/2 serving) - unflavored gluten free
ice

mix and enjoy! :smiley:

1 Like

Currently drinking:
2.5 scoops unflavored
2 shots espresso
Ice
Vanilla almond milk
Handful of leaf greens
Half banana
Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
Spoonful of Huel chocolate flavor powder
Blended
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi! This is only my 4th day using Huel, but here’s what I do:

My go-to right now is powdered peanut butter (2 TBSP), pure cocoa powder (1 TBSP), Huel banana flavor (1/2 tsp), and agave nectar (1 TBSP).

I’ve also done 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 2 TBSP pure maple syrup.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your responses! :raised_hands: These are very helpful and sound delicious!

Just tried 2 more things!

1 pouch unsweetened applesauce, a couple shakes of cinnamon, and 1 TBSP of agave nectar.

1/4 tsp lemon extract, 1/8 tsp ground/powdered ginger, and 1 TBSP honey. This my new fave!

I also have some pomegranate powder that I want to experiment with.

3 Likes

I do a cup of blueberries, blackberries or raspberries work really well for me… I only use fruit once a day to watch the sugar intake…(15 grams for blues, 7 for Black’s and 5 for raspberries) Although the many benefits of these fruits easily justify the extra sugar.

I joined the forum just to respond to this.
My perfect blend is:

-400 ml water
-2 scoops unflavored Huel
-1tsp xylitol
-1 tablespoon cappuccino flavor boost OR replace. water with plain iced coffee
-1 tablespoon of chocolate flavor boost

I like my drinks less sweet, so you may need a little more xylitol.

1 Like

Here’s what I found so far that works for me with the UU Huel. Please feel free anybody to let me know what you think of this recipe.

Weighed 76g Huel
2 T Rapid fire Ketogenic Coffee (used for flavor)
1 t Moringa Leaf Powder
1 T Red Maca Powder
1 t Raw Vanilla Bean Powder
1-1\2 t Cinnamon Powder
1 Huel Scoop Tiger Nut Flour
1 Pinch of Dash of Stevia Powder
18 oz of Unsweetened Almond Milk
TOTAL CALORIES APPROXIMATELY 536

This tastes good to me right now. I will be experimenting with different flavors and superfoods soon. This was blended in a NutriBullet Select blender then poured into a stainless steel thermos with ice to go!

1 Like

Wow, that is quite the recipe, Juanita! Sounds super tasty. Thank you for sharing such detailed instructions too!