For those who regularly eat Unsweetened/Unflavored Huel, I salute you

I’ve been using Vanilla Huel now for almost 3 months, with great success. Tastes pretty decent by itself, and very easy to add flavor in a wide range of ways. But just for fun-zies, I thought “why not try the U/U Huel?” and got the two-bag package from Amazon.

Wow. Just… wow. I will never say anything negative again about artificial sweeteners. I know now why the default and recommended starting product is the vanilla Huel.

Even with an entire banana, 1 teaspoon of honey, and a tablespoon of peanut butter, my first thought is:

hello%20taste

4 Likes

Hello, fellow Hueler!

I actually love the U/U Huel, but that’s because I put a heaping teaspoon on Godiva hot cocoa powder in mine. it makes it taste like a delicious chocolate shake. I’ve tried U/U with fruit, but I’m not crazy about it. The chocolate is yummy.

If you are a fan of chocolate, give that a try, and let us know your thoughts.

Good luck!
Jolly

5 Likes

The U/U definitely requires sweetener, and I’ve had most success with Huel’s official sweeteners actually but I imagine most strong sweeteners would be fine.

I always found the vanilla much too sweet, so U/U works perfectly for me, that said, I still enjoy vanilla mixed with Cocoa, coffee, or frozen raspberries amongst other things.

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I have found ways to flavor my U/U Huel. An entire banana + tablespoon of honey + or - applesauce makes it taste great. Today I’m using half water / half milk for my liquid to see how that works.

2 Likes

I know what you mean… I actually tried the unsweetened first, albeit with flavour boosts. I could barely swallow it! But I had also ordered the new vanilla powder and when I tried that, it was even tasty! After a couple of servings I found it a bit too sweet, so now I mix one third unsweetened with two thirds vanilla and I really like it. :yum:

5 Likes

What you want flavor?!?! Just kidding, im pretty bland with my diet, not that i dont enjoy food i just dont really care. Definitely not a foodie. Uu is my go to everyday for two some times three meals. It gets easier after a bit if you just stick to it and every ones tastes are really different. I love sugar and sweets but the vanilla huel was too sweet for me. Good luck!

I mix a bag full of U/U with vanilla bag and it’s awesome. I like the Vanilla but when I want less sweet, If I haven’t mixed the bags I will then use half serving of vanilla and half-and-half serving of unflavored.

1 Like

I have some experiential evidence (the lest compelling kind, but…) that sucralose my trigger depressions in me. Possible that it’s just a correlation without a causation, but I avoid Sucralose just in case…

I use the U/U and the sweeten with stevia (which doesn’t cause the same issues for me) and it’s fine. It would be nice to have a bit of vanilla, so I didn’t have to mix in stevia and other flavorings, but… c’est la vie, it works for lots of people I’m not going to go asking them to change the formula just for me.

1 Like

I have the same problem with sucralose and depression. I’m glad it’s not just me. I’m going to ditch my chocolate and vanilla (first purchase ever) and order some U/U.

I’m actually quite the fan of plain U/U Huel and water. I love it with various milks too but if all I have is water it’s just fine – just tastes like really hearty oatmilk. I cut processed sugar from my diet years ago for acne-related reasons and ended up getting used to and enjoying unsweetened and traditionally bitter foods – more complex flavors :smiley:

3 Likes

Same here.
UU + water + 1c frozen blueberries + blender - Done.

The bag of U/U I just got is already gone before anything else. I really enjoyed mixing instant/kurig coffee. Also, chocolate malt is really good. I only sweetened it a few times with the coffee but I really like the taste of the coffee and no sweetness, same with the chocolate malt. I’ll definitely be ordering more of it.