For those who regularly eat Unsweetened/Unflavored Huel, I salute you

I’ve been using Vanilla Huel now for almost 3 months, with great success. Tastes pretty decent by itself, and very easy to add flavor in a wide range of ways. But just for fun-zies, I thought “why not try the U/U Huel?” and got the two-bag package from Amazon.

Wow. Just… wow. I will never say anything negative again about artificial sweeteners. I know now why the default and recommended starting product is the vanilla Huel.

Even with an entire banana, 1 teaspoon of honey, and a tablespoon of peanut butter, my first thought is:

hello%20taste

Hello, fellow Hueler!

I actually love the U/U Huel, but that’s because I put a heaping teaspoon on Godiva hot cocoa powder in mine. it makes it taste like a delicious chocolate shake. I’ve tried U/U with fruit, but I’m not crazy about it. The chocolate is yummy.

If you are a fan of chocolate, give that a try, and let us know your thoughts.

Good luck!
Jolly

The U/U definitely requires sweetener, and I’ve had most success with Huel’s official sweeteners actually but I imagine most strong sweeteners would be fine.

I always found the vanilla much too sweet, so U/U works perfectly for me, that said, I still enjoy vanilla mixed with Cocoa, coffee, or frozen raspberries amongst other things.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I have found ways to flavor my U/U Huel. An entire banana + tablespoon of honey + or - applesauce makes it taste great. Today I’m using half water / half milk for my liquid to see how that works.

I know what you mean… I actually tried the unsweetened first, albeit with flavour boosts. I could barely swallow it! But I had also ordered the new vanilla powder and when I tried that, it was even tasty! After a couple of servings I found it a bit too sweet, so now I mix one third unsweetened with two thirds vanilla and I really like it. :yum:

What you want flavor?!?! Just kidding, im pretty bland with my diet, not that i dont enjoy food i just dont really care. Definitely not a foodie. Uu is my go to everyday for two some times three meals. It gets easier after a bit if you just stick to it and every ones tastes are really different. I love sugar and sweets but the vanilla huel was too sweet for me. Good luck!