How to improve unflavored Huel

For my first order I got one bag of Vanilla and one of Unflavored. I loved the Vanilla but now I’m stuck with the unflavored which I really don’t like. Does anyone have suggestions for making the unflavored taste better? I tried powdered peanut butter and a bit of sugar, but it tasted even worse. The flavor boosts would probably help, but the chocolate, strawberry and coffee are all sold out right now, so I’m waiting on them to be restocked.

What do you do to make the unflavored Huel drinkable?

A lot of other people have used an instant coffee mix to help make Huel more palatable. I would try using cinnamon and other powdered mixes. Also, mixing it with flavored yogurts to make smoothies would also help.

1 Like

I sometimes use a bit of cinnamon.

Order more vanilla and then mix the two :slight_smile:

1 Like

To 2 scoops unflavored unsweetened Huel in 400 mL water, I added a tablespoon almond butter, a tablespoon lemon juice, a teaspoon of chat masala, and a teaspoon of sugar. It was not bad.

Banana sweetens it without adding sugar. A little agave goes a long way. I want to try monk fruit next.

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions! Today I used sweetened vanilla almond milk in place of half the water and it was a big improvement! I also picked up some banana artificial flavoring that I’ll try since the banana flavor packs are now sold out

1 Like

Here’s what I found so far that works for me with the UU Huel. Please feel free anybody to let me know what you think of this recipe.

Weighed 76g Huel
2 T Rapid fire Ketogenic Coffee (used for flavor)
1 t Moringa Leaf Powder
1 T Red Maca Powder
1 t Raw Vanilla Bean Powder
1-1\2 t Cinnamon Powder
1 Huel Scoop Tiger Nut Flour
1 Pinch of Dash of Stevia Powder
18 oz of Unsweetened Almond Milk
TOTAL CALORIES APPROXIMATELY 536

This tastes good to me right now. I will be experimenting with different flavors and superfoods soon. This was blended in a NutriBullet Select blender then poured into a stainless steel thermos with ice to go!

1 Like

Hi,
I use 2 scoops unflavored huel, 1 to 1.5 tablespoons login cabin lite syrup and half a banana. The syrup doesnt have high fructose or artificial sweeteners.

One or two sodium free bullion packets, 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash, three scoops of unflavored Huel, A tiny bit of salt unless cheese was used, A bit of butter or a splash of olive oil, and water. You can make a shake out of this or you can mix it together in a bowl and have it as a hot oatmeal. You can also have this cold although if you were going to do that, don’t put an egg in it. If you are going to have this hot, you can also drink it from a mug, but do not heat it up in the microwave while it is in your shaker because it can explode and that is not a good idea. I think it may be fine to heat it up in your shaker if the lid is off, but the company recommends not heating things up in the shaker and it would be just as easy to just drink it from a mug and mix it up with a spoon. Also, so it doesn’t dry out, when you are heating it up in the microwave, put a cup of water in the microwave with it so that the steam from the water will keep everything moist in there and stop it from getting dry. Another thing that might work well is chili seasoning. Also, some other people have said that miso works well. You could also do a cucumber and parsley infused water, plain Greek yogurt, a bit of minced garlic, and possibly a bit of olive spread. You could also try making some Crystal light and then using that as your water. Also, you could add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder or a teaspoon of vanilla extract along with your Splenda to make it taste better. You can add a pinch of salt as well, and I also add a bit of lemon juice to take away the bitterness. You could also make my cake recipe and you could have those with cheese or sugar-free jelly or something like that. You can also mash berries and make a purée out of them, And then add Splenda and lemon juice. Then put that purée in the shaker and add the water and Huel, But it takes a lot of berries. It takes about 3/4 of a cup per scoop, so that method is kind of expensive. Another thing you can do is add flavored coffee creamer to it. If you add lemon juice and coffee creamer it is actually really good.

1 Like

Several ways. Sugar Free pudding mix. Fruit - frozen berries or peaches, or applesauce. Peanut butter. Flavored coffee creamer (I use non-dairy.) Cinnamon with all of the above. It needs stevia in most of those situations. But the UU by itself is very bland. I think of it as a blank canvas.

1 Like

My favorite one I have tried is using instant miso soup. Just get one of those instant packets, add two scoops of Huel, At about 17 or 18 ounces of water, shake it up, and then heated up in the microwave. Do not shake the liquid after you have heated it up because it will explode. It is not a good idea to shake hot liquids, but is long as you just heat it up without shaking it afterward, it should be fine. Also, either take the lid off or at least on snap the top portion of the lid. You could also make it in a mug or a bowl. Another good one is to do the same thing, but with one of the packets that make chicken or vegetable broth, and also add the Mrs. Dash seasoning. I also like making my own cakes and you can put cheese or jelly on those. Another thing you can do is make some Crystal light as normal and use that in place of the water. If you do that, sweetener is not really needed.

1 Like