New Vanilla makes me sad

Unsweetened plus having a few of the flavor boost packets they offer is where it’s at. You can have a different flavor every day, and they are not too sweet. The flavor boosts are all sweetened with stevia, so it will still be sweet. Why limit yourself to only one flavor?

Wish they’d offer sample packs of the powders so that we wouldn’t have to spend $30-60 to try them.

The new Vanilla is terrible! I have been eating Huel for over a year as my main food source and if they get rid of the Original flavor my girlfriend and I will not be buying anymore. We tried the Unflavored and unsweetened it was better than the new vanilla but still hard to drink. This is BIG mistake Huel.

4 Likes

I’m trying the new vanilla for the first time right now, and honestly… I can’t understand several of the things that have been said about it. When I heard it described as “cake batter” flavor, I thought I’d be drinking something that tasted like liquified vanilla frosting. I’ve heard it described as so sweet it makes your teeth hurt, incredibly overpowering, artificial beyond belief, putrid, and even tasting like it had hints of fish, etc., etc.,
Regardless, I ordered it - much like I ordered powdered berry Huel even after I saw all of the posts on here calling it gross. I want to decide for myself whether it’s gross or not. AND, just like the berry Huel, I was pleasantly surprised when none of the comments I read on here rang true for me and I love the flavor! It actually tastes like Mexican vanilla, which isn’t “artificial extract” like they sell in the US. It has a stronger, more apparent flavor than US vanilla, but to everyone saying that it tastes artificial beyond belief… No. Take it from a bakery and pastry chef, this is the more authentic vanilla flavor. It actually reminds me of Mexican arroz con leche, the Mexican version of rice pudding, it even has that subtle hint of cinnamon! I actually like it more than the original vanilla, no offense, but I couldn’t even taste vanilla flavor in the last vanilla version. It just tasted like oats.

To everyone reading these comments - be aware that people can exaggerate, spread falsities, and throw tantrums just in effort to get their old flavor back. If they say it’s disgusting and they find it unpalatable - remember everyone has different tastes. And what some people may consider “cake batter with fishy aftertaste” might make you reminisce of your favorite Mexican dessert!

The new vanilla is obviously still selling, if it weren’t Huel would’ve reacted immediately to it. I like it, I like it more than the past version, and I plan to order more.

4 Likes

I prefer it also. I find it much less artificial tasting, and much less sweet. With the old vanilla I had to mix it with UU to cut the sweetness, but the new has just the right amount of sweetness for me.

:clap::clap::clap:
Thank you, Maria.

Why everybody gotta be so gd dramatic? It’s ok to dislike something. You don’t have to act like it murdered your mother.

4 Likes

For me, the reason I get Huel is for health benefit and nutrition and NOT for taste :smiley:
I mean, no healthy food or drink are tasty. Anything that is tasty is most likely aren’t healthy a.k.a added sugar or added sweeteners. For me, the unflavored and unsweetened is the only best Huel powder.

3 Likes

Not nutritionally viable for some. Huel is composed of the ingredients necessary to meet the nutritional value of a meal. Start adding much more looking for the flavor you prefer and you end up consuming more carbs, proteins, fats, calories, etc.
I guess

1 Like

U/U plus whatever

Skinny Mixes makes non-nutritive coffee additives

Walden farms has a good non-nutritive syrup too

Wow, old thread. You guys are making me really curious about the old vanilla. I have never had an opportunity to try it.

I don’t mind the new vanilla. It is kind of overly sweet. “Cake batter” is a good description. I LIKE cake batter, mind you. But a less sweet, natural vanilla flavor would be awesome. Peanut butter and banana are my favorites though, at least for right now.

1 Like

i have recently started huel and hate the vanilla right off the bat. however, i have learned that if i mix one scoop vanilla with one scoop unsweetened/unflavored it is fine, and if i add coffee to it then it is really good too. so there ARE ways around it but yes i agree- on its own it is sickeningly sweet. i don’t know what the old one tasted like. overall i am loving HUEL. :slight_smile: