New Vanilla makes me sad

It’s almost like UU was the original product and all these other flavors and sweetness are for folks transitioning from standard american diet to real food.
:slight_smile:

I liked the original!! Totally agree with the unsweetened thing. Scared to order the new vanilla now lol.

1 Like

Man, you all have some terrible tastebuds. Black pepper? Seriously?

I love the new vanilla flavor, and it’s easy to make taste great. Take some frozen cherries (or blueberries or pineapple) and a banana and (optionally) a half a teaspoon of Stevia, and it’s delicious. It tastes like cereal milk. I check out the message boards once in a while, and it’s amazing how many people will just never be happy.

I’m finding more and more hyperbole on this board, and it’s ridiculous.

I mix fruit into my Huel, and I find the new vanilla flavor does very well with it.

1 Like

I was perfectly happy for a year and a half and really enjoyed the original vanilla. This isn’t about never being happy. This is about going to (insert favorite restaurant here) and finding out your favorite meal is now a completely new recipe. I have tried mixing many different things with the new vanilla and nothing masks the flavor for me. I’m waiting for my next order to try some of the other flavors but I won’t buy the new vanilla again.

6 Likes

If I wanted to mix a bunch of stuff into my Huel, I might as well just make myself a smoothie. I’m not about that. I appreciated the taste, and that all I had to do was mix and go and know that I had a delicious, complete, healthy meal. I’m sure you don’t mind the taste, because you aren’t tasting it.

4 Likes

I do taste it. It’s just mixed with other flavors, too, and I find it delicious. See, I have this amazing ability to adjust to a situation and try to make it better. But it sounds like that’s too inconvenient for you.

But cool. Keep being miserable. Bye.

1 Like

Please stop pretending like we’re all the users of some free, ad-supported service. We’re all adults here and we’ve paid for a product that is not up to our standards. I voice those complaints to the company selling the product, and I also do so with my wallet.

9 Likes

I prefer the original as well. The new vanilla tastes like generic vanilla flavored protein powder. The only thing they got right with the new vanilla was the sweetness.

5 Likes

Nice restaurant analogy! It’s even worse for a restaurant that only offers 3 options (4 now with banana) and changes one - arguably its signature dish - significantly…

6 Likes

I just tried my first batch of New Vanilla…and I’m not a fan. The Old Vanilla was just fine for me. In fact, better than fine. This new stuff tastes like weak cake batter.

Also, as others have said, one thing that makes Huel a great option is not having to mix all sorts of things into it – just two scoops, shake, and drink. I think I’d better order a metric ton of Old Vanilla while I can (and cancel my subscription for a while).

7 Likes

I detect a black pepper undertaste in the new vanilla too. I thought it was just me. I don’t care for it at all.

4 Likes

I’m kind of glad that I wasn’t around before the switch to the new vanilla. It’s just been kind of gross from the start, so I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything. Lol

3 Likes

I’m holding a vigil as I open my last OG vanilla. Granted, I am pretty copacetic with new Vanilla. But I have so many good memories of old school vanilla. This bag will last us about 3 weeks (since I also use the other flavors) and then after that no more OG. World keeps on spinning and new vanilla will be it after that.

6 Likes

I just got my shipment of a New Vanilla packet and a packet of the Original yesterday. I had my first New Vanilla experience today for lunch.
I have to say I liked the original vanilla better. By itself, the original was that after-cereal milk flavor. The new vanilla is stronger on the vanilla and less of the oat-ish flavor from the cereal, and I’m not sure I like that.
I usually mix it with a packet of hot cocoa (the ones that you use with hot water). Adding the packet of hot cocoa to the New Vanilla mix seems to add nicely to the overall taste profile.

I use cold water from the water fountain to mix. I tried the berry favor mix and found that it was too much like Strawberry Quik for my liking. I may switch to Chocolate and see if I can skip the additional cocoa packet.
I will occasionally mix coffee grounds into the drink (with the cocoa) for that extra kick :wink:

After first tasting today, I’m not sure I can drink the New Vanilla by itself anymore. I will need to keep adding the chocolate cocoa packets to it.

3 Likes

Okay,
Second day on New Vanilla. I mixed the old and new about equally together for this drink and it is quite tasty! Though I think the New Vanilla has a not-so-pleasant aftertaste… :unamused:
So, added my packet of cocoa, and the aftertaste is now mostly gone!
Chocolate for the Win!
Guess I will see how these next few weeks go on the my COMBO old/new mix and maybe I will be changing my order to Chocolate Huel Powder instead of the New Vanilla. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Instead of the cocoa powder, try using chocolate muscle milk. Thank me later. Lol

1 Like

I kinda love new vanilla. I didn’t even know it was a thing until I tasted it, but the “cake batter” taste is great. Old vanilla tasted much more artificial to me; this has more of a rounded flavor profile. Don’t change it back!

I tried a F-real cake batter shake to give myself a frame of reference on what that is supposed to taste like.

No one is asking for it to be changed back. Only that they offer both flavors (as they do in the UK) instead of suddenly deleting one of the few flavors that they offer.

4 Likes