Make More Filling?

So, I recently got my huel (vanilla and chocolate) and it’s pretty good. I’ve gotten past the initial shock of the taste and stuff. I’m trying to do 3 2-scoop shakes a day for my meals, but I find myself still hungry. Should I just do 4 shakes despite the calories? Or maybe try a 3-scoop shake and 2 2-scoop shakes? Is there anything to add that may help? I’ve been blending it because I find it to have the best consistency. I think I saw something about chia seeds but haven’t tried it yet. I was also thinking about trying peanut butter (for taste). On a different note, does anyone else find it to get a little slimey sometimes?

I’ve never found it slimey, no.

I would suggest maybe drinking it slowly if you aren’t already. You can also try using more water per scoop. I have mine one scoop at a time with 15-17 ounces of water and feel that the extra water helps keep me full. And of course, if you are still hungry, just have more Huel. I found that over time, my stomach must have shrunk because I can’t eat nearly as much as I used to.

1 Like

I routinely add Peanut Butter or PB2 powder to my vanilla or chocolate Huel powder mixtures. Give it a try. It’ll definitely bulk up the total mix.

If it’s “slimey” that probably means it’s a little too concentrated. Dilute it out more.

Just be aware 3 2 scoop meals will be 1200kcal, which may be less than you need hence your hunger. You can check out your calorie needs here: https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

If that’s okay for you, try having your Huel over a longer period of time.

1 Like

Yeah I blended my chocolate huel with some peanut butter and then left it in the fridge overnight. It was a bit thicker than when I usually leave it in the fridge. Definitely helped with making it more filling I think and it tasted super good too.

Update: so I got my official huel scoops and shaker since they were missing from the original shipment. The scoops are a lot bigger than I thought. The one I’ve been using is maybe a little bigger but I’ve only been doing one of those because I assumed it was about 100 grams/2 huel scoops. This may be why my shakes don’t usually come out as thick as everyone says theirs does. Also may be why it’s not as filling.

1 Like

I’d recommend getting a scale. They’re like 10 bucks at Target. This will help you get a good idea of how much you are scooping. After a while, you’ll be scooping consistently without the use of the scale.

1 Like

I get that Huel can be used as a total food replacement plan. But I can’t for the life of me see why 99% of people would do that. The 1% I can kinda understand are the people who get literally zero joy out of any food. And even then, I would think that a majority Huel with some nutrient rich solid foods would be their best bet.

My reasoning is that I feel one should not do any diet or lifestyle change they cannot see themselves doing forever. Unless you are an actor getting paid millions of dollars to transform your body for a role that is.

Anyway, I’m ramblin’ again. If you are hungry still, why not have a well-portioned, healthy and tasty meal once a day?

That would be my advice.

Drink it faster and use 500ml of cold (refrigerated) water.

The longer Huel sets, the thicker it gets. If you drink it within the first 10-15 minutes, it should be more watery.

I want to say don’t listen to anyone who says drink it over an hour or more period of time. Do you take an hour to eat a banana or bowl or cereal? Do you take an hour or more to eat anything that’s about 400 calories? The answer is no. It’s a sad life when You spend 3+ hours a day just eating.

1 Like

this is how i like mine…milkshake thick. these keep me feeling full with the energy to carry on until my next shake or meal, wherever i’m at in the day.
read a few posts here saying to add more water/milk to have it fill you up?! no, that’s not how it works. use LESS liquid, the shake will be thicker, and that will make your stomach feel better. as an aside, it is recommended by dietitians that you should drink at least half your weight in ounces of water a day to keep your organs lubricated and to stay hydrated. drinking an acceptable amount of water a day also will keep you feeling “full” so that you snack and eat less.
there is a period of adjustment, as with any diet, as your body acclimates to the new regimen. don’t let that stop you or get you down.
less liquid = richer shakes
more liquid = runnier shakes
whichever works, ya know?!
you can also try having your shake in the morning, eating a sensible lunch, and having another shake for dinner. or having breakfast, shake in the afternoon, and again at dinner. or…find out what works best for you and stick with it. ain’t nobody working this for you but you. :crazy_face::+1:

t.c.moffat

May 18

You might try this tip:

Huel Findings after 6 Months of Using - TIPS

If you like your shakes extra thick, try adding some “PSYLLIUM HUSK POWDER”. Example: Mix your usual shake, but add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon PSYLLIUM powder per scoop of Huel. Mix well, and let rest in the fridge for a few hours. Be warned that if you use too much PSYLLIUM powder your shake will be more like pudding and nearly undrinkable, so keep a spoon handy. LOL The PSYLLIUM will add 4 grams of carbohydrates per teaspoon, but it is all fiber. It should also help you feel full and satisfied l…

and see if it helps.

I hope that this helps other Hulers.
Happy Hueling everyone.
Thomas