I'm the founder of Huel, just saying hello!

@squizzle hey good to hear from you. I’ve not abandoned you :smiley: I promise.

This is my first thread on the US forum and I felt it was time to show my appreciation to the american community.

I’ll be back.

3 Likes

@Julian-Huel if I could be so bold as to offer a suggestion, or just insight.

I’ve been a member of these boards for the last several months and I have noticed there is one issue that sticks out more than any: the shipping time/estimate. The way the website generates a shipping label and notifies the customer that their order is now considered “fullfilled” is the cause of most of the confusion. First time customers, especially, are not aware that this doesn’t mean the package has shipped out. There is usually a 24 to 48 hour delay from the shipping label print to the actual point where FedEx picks up the box. FedEx starts their estimated arrival time based on the creation of a label and this usually is not an accurate estimation.

First time customers are the most upset by this perceived delay. And these are the customers who are the most fragile in terms of deciding to continue using Huel long term or not. Some of the regulars on the board almost have to “convince” new customers to stick it out.

Anyway, I don’t know exactly what the solution is. But an easy suggestion is to alter the wording of your website in regards to shipping. Or to be more clear about shipping times when an order is complete. (Also, a note to let customers know that Huel distributors are closed weekends will help.)

Amazon, for example, has their vendors use realistic shipping estimates and that helps a lot. Not all vendors do “next-day” shipping. And most customers are okay with Huel providing shipping that takes several days, especially if it’s free. The issue is EXPECTATIONS. If the way your system creates expectations that the order is “fullfilled” and new customers assume this means the box is at the FedEx place, this creates problems.

I would hate for your company to lose a potential lifetime customer simply over misunderstood expectations. If you are more clear about estimated shipping times, people will not expect their shipment to arrive so soon. You’ll see less “Where is my order” posts on here. And we can help solve the world’s real problem: too many people drinking Soylent.

5 Likes

Just as everyone else has said Julian, THANK YOU for bringing us Huel. You provide the bulk of my sustenance monday through friday.

Whatever you’re doing, just keep doing it, because you’re doing great!

3 Likes

@skelooth what a lovely message, thank you so much. We couldn’t do what we do without great customers like you!

3 Likes

@Deron please do be bold, I like bold.

That is great point, thank you for being it to me attention. We can and will do a better job on the wording of these emails to manage people’s expectation.

Plus we currently looking at ways to speed up the delivery, please bear with us, we are on it.

4 Likes

@Deron we have taken your suggestion to improve the email notification about shipping. See below…

10 Likes

Very nice @Julian-Huel . It’s all about the expectations. That should be a lot clearer to new customers.

2 Likes

thank you @Deron it’s all down to your suggestion.

2 Likes

I am so delighted to hear this. I wasn’t sure if it was of use but we interviewed Julian the founder for our podcast. Further clarifies how much he cares about his community. Link here if at all of interest. https://youtu.be/mMDAV2j5PdA

4 Likes

Thank you for Huel. I love knowing that there is an option of having COMPLETE nutrition in a meal. I have it at least once a day. Also, I plan on having a few bags extra on hand, for emergency preparedness.

I am a nurse and getting great nutrition in a quick-and-easy way is so helpful. I really enjoy your product!

4 Likes

Julian, kudos! A really excellent product. I love it and it has become an important part of our lives. It works perfectly for my wife’s blood sugar control and I’m slowly losing weight (not a big fast and temp drop) by having one Huel mid morning which replaces my breakfast and lunch. This gives me an extra couple of hours for programming. Working up to a Huel only diet for awhile to see how that affects energy and weight. My wife mixes it with a whole fresh cucumber and/or green zucchini, skin and all, and a fresh berry fruit. this lightens it up for her and adds additional fiber and nutrients. I just slug it down straight; after years of drinking horrible protein drinks, I think plain Huel tastes great.

1 Like

So, I have to ask, is everyone as happy with the products as it seems??? I was planning to use them as part of a very intense program for recovering from an injury, and placed an order a month ago, got the wrong products, asked to have the order fixed, 2 weeks went by and I had gotten nothing. Finally got the replacement order today, and it is wrong again. I am not sure how this is possible, but it happened. So I am asking honestly, are the products really that good? Should i try and get this fixed a 3rd time now, or just try something else? I am looking for solid opinions on results, good or bad. Thanks so much.

@Stretch922 really sorry to hear that, it must be very frustrating.

I will get my team to look into this for you urgently. I do apologise and we will rectify this for you asap.

1 Like

The something else that I tried was Soylent. It was bad. I mean, sure you could live on it but I would need some dire circumstances to tolerate even a second bottle of that stuff.

Huel was initially very surpising: mild oatmeal flavor, kinda nothing to say good or bad about it. Then the warmth from a full belly, and the clean stable energy were nice. I’ve tried many combinations of sweeteners, savory, spicy - but mostly I have settled into a routine and it’s breakfast. Not going to try to convince anyone - which I think is key: try it, you might find that it fits into your life very easily no matter how you choose to use it. Short answer? Give Huel another attempt to get it right.

2 Likes

Thank you Sir for a wonderfiil product. I’m allergic to so many good foods but can eat any of the unhealthy stuff out there. Your product has changed my life. I can eat healthy and feel wonderful. Thank you. It is a gift in which I appreciate fully. Mijack58

3 Likes

Welcome to the Huel life, Kellie! Happy to have you on board! :tada:

Your customer service in the USA is probably the worst I have seen to date. No phone number and they don’t respond to emails. Just canceled my subscription and trying to find out how to cancel a pre order that is obviously having a serious fulfillment problem.

1 Like

I’m terribly sorry to hear about your experience so far. We’re here to help and will get this resolved ASAP. Give us a call at 1-833-GET-HUEL or reach out to me here, whatever works best for you.

Your order has been processed and is ready to ship. We are experiencing a delay at one of our fulfillment centers and while we expect your order to start showing movement in the next 24 hours, we have also contacted our fulfillment team to get your order out ASAP. Let me know if you would still prefer to cancel instead.

2 Likes

Good news, @Tank999! I can confirm that your order is scheduled to make its way onto the delivery truck tonight. I will PM you with your new tracking number.

1 Like

Teresa I have sent an email requesting my order to be canceled this morning. I will not do business with a company that will not communicate with their customers.The phone number, which is the first I seen for Huel, needs to be readily available to your customers from the moment an order is placed and not provided only when your customers reach a boiling point.

1 Like