How do you flavor your Huel?

Thank you for all this! Looking forward to trying some of these!

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this good topic.

2 Likes

I do this:ā€“water, huel, ice cubes, lemon-raspberry crystal light. LOVE!! I live the idea of coffee creamer. Will have to try that.

2 Likes

For a while, I was really trying to transition completely away from caffeine (especially coffee) so was substituting Pero for my morning Joe. (Pero is a mixture of barley, chicory and (?)rye, powdered and mixed like instant coffeeā€¦zero caffeine, and very low in calories.)

When mixed with Vanilla Huel (in a stronger concentration than I typically did with just hot water), it creates a nice ā€œalmost a coffee milkshakeā€ experience. Best part is itā€™s helping me get rid of my bulk purchase of Pero from a year ago. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I put unsweetened huel in some mapo tofu. Mixed it in, then heated it in the oven. Itā€™s aight. Not sure if Iā€™d recommend it

My best Huel so far has been adding peanut butter and Ovaltine malt chocolate mix. I also add maca powder to it, which is a superfood.

ALSO, instead of coffee Iā€™ve mixed it with Dandy Blend (an instant coffee replacement powder made from dandelion and chicory roots). This has been very good also (with or without cacao powder).

1 Like

Whoa. I never heard of this. It appears this one is caffeine free, which I prefer. I may look into it.

I drink Kaffree Roma every day:

https://atlanticnaturalfoods.com/dima-portfolio/kaffree-roma/

Thereā€™s also Pero Instant, for the win.

2 Likes

@boles and @Hiram_Crespo ust got my Dandy Blend last night and had it twice. Good stuff. Today I also added in a heaping teaspoon of the Huel chocolate cocoa flavor mix. It was like hot chocolate, minus the sweetness/sugar and minus the lactose stomach cramps. I think weā€™ve got a winner here.

2 Likes

Dandy Blend looks great! Will add it to my next order cart!

Dandy Blend is not sold by Huel. I get it from amazon, but you can buy it at whole foods.

Dandy Blend + Huel cocoa powder boost + oat milk as creamer + optional half pack of stevia. A rich, hot chocolate minus the lactose. Tastes great.

This thread is dead but the first time I tried Huel, I did the three scoops Chocolate Huel, two or three frozen bananas, a bunch of plant milk, two tablespoons of either peanut/cashew/sunflower butter and a huge amount of pomegranate seeds. I would dump half of the seeds and just kind of eat it with a spoon. I eat the seeds and all, it is delicious but filling because I think mine had a lot of calories. I like it like that though.

That is enough for two lunches

But probably reasonable for dinner

1 Like

I use it for breakfast lol, I got a physical job so it doesnā€™t pay to be low calorie. I suffer if I get less calories energy wise, Iā€™ll feel like a zombie. I should say I eat only breakfast and dinner but my lunch is sort of a light snack to cut down on time.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always added a spoonfull of instant coffee to my Vanilla Huel.