I am new to the Huel experience. It tastes fine, but I CAN NOT get it mixed well. There are chunks that just won’t dissolve. Any tips?
Are you mixing by hand?
Water, powder, more water
Use a blender (immersion blender is easy) or a nutribullet/ninja
Nice thing about using a machine is that you can mix in things that you wouldn’t otherwise be able to mix by hand
it helps if you can let it sit for a bit or even overnight, then try re-shaking.
I second the immersion blender but I know not everyone can use one.
I use those whisk balls from the blender bottle, seems to help.
I found you do have to mix it a lot with the shaker. I switched over to a ninja smoothie blender. This also allows me to add things like ice, banana, whatever…
I occasionally mix Huel with Coconut water, which seems to mix more completely than just water.
A couple of my own suggestions:
- Blending will inevitably make it much smoother, but of course we don’t all have a blender to hand.
- Refrigerating overnight once shaken or even for a couple of hours can help reduce lumps.
- Shaking with ice is key! Ice cubes can help break down the lumps while you’re shaking as well as making it refreshingly cold.
- Some people find the texture is smoother if they use milk or milk alternatives. This also makes a much creamier taste and texture in general.
- It might also be worth trying Greg’s tip out! I haven’t myself but will certainly give it a go now.
Hope you get on better with your Huel, but please keep us updated either here or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I skip the mixing cup and use a stick blender. I found that the mixing cup is not as good as a blender. Other than that, you can add a little more water.