I love Huel except more than half ends up clumped @ the bottom

I love Huel but no matter how much I shake it or even put ice cubes in it, it always clumps at the bottom of the cup. I would rather not throw half of my product away and if I have to use a blender I might as well make my own fresh smoothies. Do you have any suggestions?

The search function in this forum can become your new best friend :slight_smile:

Thats really not very helpful. If you have an answer, please let me know. telling someone to search for it is kind of pointless.

Itā€™s pretty lazy on your part to make mention of something thatā€™s been beaten to a pulp when you can search for the 100+ posts on the same topic.

Since Iā€™m in a good mood, Iā€™ll indulge the topic.

1. Fill up with water
  2. Add powder
  3. Fill up with more water
  4. Shake

If all else fails, blend.

I would really like to understand how or why this clumping plagues some and not others.

Are you using tap water? Have you tried filtered or bottled water to rule out ā€˜somethingā€™ in your water that contributes to clumping?

Have you tried shaking the bag before you open it? If the powder has settled and is mechanically lodged into itself that might make shaking in the cup insufficient to get good distribution in liquid. Are you shaking vigorously enough?

If you donā€™t figure it out, i suggest an immersion blender. You stick it right into the shaker cup (or the cup it comes with) and 15-20 seconds you have perfectly smooth Huel. Cleanup is another 20 seconds of ā€œblendingā€ clean washer to rinse. I really doubt you could make your own nutritionally equivalent smoothies in as little time (and as little cost)

1 Like

Thank you for the helpful reply miked. I will try that and you are right!

1 Like

Not sure how you are adding the water but I have always found it best to fill the shaker about halfway with water/milk, add Huel and a few cubes of ice. Shake then fill to 25 oz with more water and shake again. I also let mine sit in the fridge until lunch time. Never been big on drinking right after shaking. I prefer it chilled.

1 Like

I use a shaker with a blender ball and donā€™t have any issues with clumping.

Blender ball, neat and they are only like a dollar. Thanks!

Ya. I think if Huel just included a blender ball, most complaints about clumping would disappear.

2 Likes

I think I found a solution. (posted this in one other thread) After I drop two scoops on top of the water,I take a fork or knife near by and gently stir only the powder (careful not to let it touch the water.). the clump occurs (in my case) when the powder is packed from scooping from the bag. then i place two ice cubes, the plastic grate and give it a normal shake. tried it for a week to seeā€¦zero clumps.

1 Like

Doesnt work. That has been my process.

And blender is not a reasonable suggestion - Huel is something that is supposed to be prepared on the fly, for those that are the go, active lifestyle types (that is, if you believe all instagram pics).

With Blender Ball and Huel Bottle

1. Liquid 20ml
  2. Powder
  3. Shake HARD
  4. Add more liquid from opening the cap
  5. Shake HARD
  6. Fridge for 30min
  7. Shake HARD
  8. No Clumps

You donā€™t have to put it in the fridge ā€¦ but I definitely prefer it

1 Like

This is what works for me. I fill the bottle to 17 oz, add 90g of black edition, put the filter and lid on, shake it for 15 seconds upright, then shake for another 15 seconds upside down while holding the cap shut. Hold it upright for a couple seconds and tap the cap a couple times to get the liquid out of the cap. After I finish drinking it I add about 5 ounces of water through the spout without unscrewing the lid. I then close the cap and shake that up for about 5 or 10 seconds to get everything off the sides and out of the filter and then drink that. This way I get all the powder and a little extra hydration.

1 Like

Hi Toby,

We have heard a bunch of amazing tips from other hueligans. Can we also recommend perhaps mixing one scoop with water first then setting it aside and the the repeat the process for the second scoop and then mix them together?

You can also try to add water first before the scoop to ensure that it wonā€™t be stuck at the bottom.