Why is Mac n Cheese ... CRUNCHY?!

I’ve prepared a few bowls of mac and cheese by adding boiling water, covering them, and waiting 5 minutes. However, each time, there appears to be undercooked crunchy noodles in the bowl. Not what I expected / wanted in my mac n cheese.

Are these crunchy parts intentional?

1 Like

I had the same experience with my first preparation the other day. I am going to let it sit and “cook” longer next time, like 10 minutes.

Hey @Shivian - welcome to the US Huel forum! :tada:

The pasta is meant to be al dente - however, if you find it is crunchy I would agree with @JeffOakley and let it sit for another few minutes and maybe add in a few more drops of water. Not a ton more water though as you may not want it to be watery!

Another fun trick: after you let the Mac and Cheeze sit for the first five minutes and then stir, add in a few drops extra of water, and then place in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or less (in a microwave-safe dish) if you have a microwave available. This can help too!

You also want to be sure you keep an eye on it so it doesn’t bubble over. Then I stir again once out of the microwave and let it sit for a minute or two before consuming as it is quite hot when I make it this way. I would also note to be careful when you take it out of the microwave too due to the fact that it’s hot!

Let me know if you give the above a try and it helps or if even letting it sit for 10 minutes helps too!

2 Likes

Probably old news by now but letting mine sit for 10-15 minutes did the trick. I love it!

1 Like