Weight Gain Smoothie Blends

Hi! There don’t seem to be many people using Huel to gain weight, and therefore, very few posts thus far.

First, I want to say that I’ve been drinking Huel twice daily for about two weeks and I’ve gained two pounds. That may not sound like a lot, but it’s really hard for me to put weight on. Combined with the fact that I am 5’2" and started at 96lbs, two pounds was… 2% of my body weight (I’m noticing a numeric trend here).

I turned to meal replacement because I’m under a lot of stress which causes me to have no appetite, and I’m very busy so I don’t have much time to actually eat (and I don’t FEEL like eating). I use my Vitamix (but a regular old blender should do it) to prepare two “meals” the night before and bring them to work in the morning. I have one for breakfast and the other around 2 or 3pm. Then I eat a small-normal portioned dinner at home with my family. Sometimes I’m not that hungry but just force the food. Doing this gets me to around 3000 calories a day.

SO, on to my blends! I think anyone could use them for ideas. Just modify for calories if you’re consuming Huel for weight maintenance or weight loss.

Add ingredients to the blender in the order they appear. These are made with U/U Huel. Note, my stomach wasn’t able to hold 3 scoops of Huel at first, so I did two. Calories approximate.

Simple Chocolate

1. 16oz water + ice
  2. 2 Tbsp sugar
  3. ¼ c. chopped walnuts
  4. 3 Tbsp oil
  5. 3 scoops Huel
  6. 1 Tbsp 100% cacao powder
    Calories: 1160

Mocha

1. 16oz water + ice
  2. 1 Tbsp light cream
  3. 2 Tbsp sugar
  4. 1 heaping tsp instant coffee
  5. ¼ c. chopped walnuts
  6. 3 Tbsp oil
  7. 3 scoops Huel
  8. 1 Tbsp 100% cacao powder
    Calories: 1190

Raspberry Peanut Butter

1. 16oz water
  2. ½ c. frozen raspberries
  3. 1 Tbsp sugar
  4. 3 Tbsp oil
  5. 2 Tbsp peanut butter
  6. 3 scoops Huel
    Calories: 1140

Peanut Butter Vanilla

1. 16oz water + ice
  2. 1 Tbsp sugar
  3. 3 Tbsp oil
  4. ½ c. Haagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream
  5. 2 Tbsp peanut butter
  6. 3 scoops Huel
  7. 1/8 tsp cinnamon
    Calories: 1355

Blueberry Peanut Butter Vanilla

1. 16oz water + ice
  2. ½ c. frozen blueberries
  3. 1 Tbsp sugar
  4. 3 Tbsp oil
  5. ½ c. Haagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream
  6. 2 Tbsp peanut butter
  7. 3 scoops Huel
    Calories: 1390
4 Likes

Very nice.

Although I am not trying to gain weight, I add a tablespoon of walnut, sunflower, or coconut oil to my Huel doses. I like to tilt the macro-nutrient ratio a little higher into fat. Which oil do you use?

500 ml water
3 scoops of Vanilla Huel
half banana
1 tbsp of walnut oil
a few frozen strawberries and blueberries.

That’s my afternoon lunch. I split into two servings a few hours apart since I don’t need all of it at once. It’s a nice purple color.

Coconut oil!

Your recipe sounds good. You can’t really go wrong with fruit for nice flavoring.

1 Like

Thanks for the recipes but… 3 spoon huel plus more stuff 1n 16oz water? In my experience, it would be a jelly rather than a liquid and you’d need a spoon to eat that. How do you manage that consistency?

Old recipe (1.0) was 3 scoops. Just do 2 scoops now.

Edit: It is thicker than just Huel, of course, but more like a milkshake. It is drinkable but heavy!

1 Like