HIV and using Huel to gain weight

Hi there! A few of us use Huel to gain weight for various reasons (I’m busy and have trouble swallowing). You’ll need a blender you’ll need to add some things. Here’s a post I created a year ago. The scoops have changed so it’s now 2 scoops instead of 3, but you’ll get the general gist.

I increased my fat to 4 Tbsp and started using light olive oil (nearly flavorless) because I decided I’m not a fan of the saturated fat of coconut oil. Sometimes I use 2 Tbsp sugar, depending on the recipe. I add a scoop of CarboMax (google it), which is maltodextrin but comprised mainly of long-chain polysaccharides as opposed to mono- or disaccharides like most maltodextrins. I know, not an ideal ingredient but I needed more carbs that weren’t so thick. I now only drink one of these shakes a day, not two. My stomach couldn’t hold two. But, the one shake, dinner, and Ensure Plus (I also drink Ensure!) gets me to about 2000 calories.

When crafting recipes for weight gain, keep this as your base: water or dairy/nut milk (and ice) + fat + sugar + Huel + extra carbs. The rest is your imagination. I have been loving frozen cherries and cocoa powder. Add to blender in this order for best results:

1. Ice
  2. Liquid
  3. Sugar
  4. Fat
  5. [Nuts, fruit, other solids]
  6. Huel
  7. [Fine powders like cacao]
  8. CarboMax

Hope this helps! I might make a separate post for others. Feel free to message me.