Watery top, gritty bottom

Sometimes, the Huel blends perfectly. Other times, no matter how much I shake the mixture, I get a watery drink with a mountain of Huel grit at the bottom.

Anyone else get this? Anyone know the cause, and how to prevent? Is it a bottom-of-the-bag kind of thing?

Thanks!

I’m actually shocked at how well the shaker bottle works … although I shake for 20 seconds, add a little more water and shake another 20 seconds. Three ice cubes helps rattle thing around and the little grid works if you shake up and down instead of a twisty writ motion, The vido on the site is a great example.

Lastly, do you add the water (400-500 ml) and then the powder on top?

3 Likes

Yes, always liquid first, then powder, then ice. And shake, shake, shake!

They sell replacements of those little metal balls that some shaker bottles include online. If it continues to be an issue, you might try dropping one of those in there too. I haven’t tried that but then again, I shake it like I mean it! Woohoo! :grin: Or you could just embrace and chew the clumps!

Anyone see those Shake Weight exercise things? I sometimes feel like I’m mimicking that commercial. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I also use my cats as weights when I exercise. They don’t complain…hmmm…or maybe they’re just too shocked to form a response so far. I may not be a responsible source of advice.

1 Like

Let it sit for 30 minutes or so. It will thicken up. I always make mix my huel the night before.

So odd. The ONLY time I have clumps is when i put the water in first. My proven method for manual mixing without any clumps is as follows:

1. Layer of ice in the bottom of the cup
  2. Add Huel (1-2.5 scoops) and other mix-ins
  3. Put the ice guard in place
  4. Pour about 12 ounces of purified water through the guard
  5. Secure the lid
  6. Spin/swirl for about 10 second
  7. Pour in another 6-8 ounces or so (generally, I use a full 20oz)
  8. Shake 5-10 seconds
  9. Voila! Perfectly mixed. No clumps.
  10. Leave in refrigerator overnight for a smoother texture

Maybe it’s the purified water? Maybe it’s the layer of ice that keeps powder from sticking to the bottom? I don’t know. So far, it has worked EVERY time.

Just my suggestion…(of course, I intermittently shake it while I am drinking it to keep it well mixed and avoid the “gritty bottom”).

Hope it works for you!

Update: Letting it sit for 15 minutes in the fridge solved all the problems.