Very disappointed

I bought this as an alternative option to Soylent, hoping it would be a good way to help me lose weight and have a quick meal when I need it. I tried adding the banana flavor boost to the original and it was so bad I had to spit it out! I rinsed my mouth out and thought that maybe the vanilla would be better, using the chocolate mint flavor boost. The taste is passable at best, and I’m not exactly a fan of having to chew my shakes. Needless to say, I’m unfortunately very disappointed in it, not to mention apparently I’m also missing a scoop (the handbook says it comes with two). Can’t get my money back after trying this stuff since everything’s opened and I’ll give my honest opinion of this stuff if anyone ever asks me. I followed the instructions precisely for optimum enjoyment and I think they only way I might be able to enjoy this is if I used a blender, so I suppose I’ll try it.

After trying to blend it in a personal blender for roughly 15-20 seconds the consistency still hasn’t changed. I’m honestly frustrated and disappointed about this, shouldn’t have to chew my drink.

Are you using enough water/liquid? I’m using two cups of water for two scoops and it completely blends every time.

I used exactly as much water as described in the handbook, so 20oz.

You can add more liquid to make as thin as you’d like

Maybe your expectation has been set by Soylent?

I couldn’t take that stuff for its yeasty smell and chalky texture. I tried it already in the 20oz bottle, which I assume is mostly water. Honestly, If you want your Huel to taste more like Soylent then mix in some spackle and a quick bread starter. :slight_smile:

Give Huel another try with more liquid and an open mind

Hi @Logan_Jenkins,

I apologize you have difficulties with your order. I have contacted you through private message to assist with your order.

Sothan

Use more water to your liking, and experiment with flavor addons. I don’t mean the official Huel flavor boosts. I use a tablespoon of cocoa powder and a teaspoon of vanilla extract in mine (because I like it sweet), tastes amazing to the point that I crave it. Other people like bananas, strawberries, coffee, etc. Or it’s just not for you, that’s fine. But I think most people spend a little time experimenting with it to make it work for them. I could barely get my first shake down because I thought it was so awful, now I crave the dang thing every day.

Just started using the basic vanilla. I didn’t purchase any flavorings, since I feel like those would be easy to add myself. The basic stuff tastes like powdered oats. It’s a very neutral flavor to me, not bad at all. I’d definitely add more liquid if you’re struggling with the consistency. FWIW I ignored the Huel shaker bottle and just used one with a blender-ball. Works great.

I went down to two scoops and used 16 oz of water in a blender with almost a full ounce of honey and I still had the same consistency issue as before.

I use a Ninja blender and can control the thickness pretty easily. I also add either a banana or some frozen berries to improve the taste and nutrition. I am definitely hooked!