The taste is AWFUL. JUST WRETCHED

Horrible. Worst tasting shit I’ve ever bought.

4 Likes

@Matt_Sheely I’m surprised you feel that way. Even the first time I bought it, the taste was bland at worst. Did you order the vanilla, or the unflavored version?

Hey @Matt_Sheely! :wave:

We’re so sorry that you aren’t a fan of the taste so far. Since Huel is such a versatile product and everyone’s tastes and preferences are so unique, it can take a little experimenting to find what is just right for you. Here are some tips that you can use to help flavor your Huel if you’re interested in giving it another try!

1. Make sure that you are adding liquid before powder. That will help avoid lumps and get a better consistency. Also, the quicker you shake it up, the better.

2. If you like a thinner consistency, add more liquid, but also don’t let your Huel sit for too long as it will thicken over time.

3. If you do like a thicker Huel, leaving it in the fridge overnight creates a thicker, sweeter Huel.

4. If the unique Huel texture is difficult for you, blending it might seem like a pain, but it is the best way to get a smooth texture. It’s also a good baby step to help you get used to the texture so that you can eventually just shake and go.

5. Don’t shy away from playing around with different Huel concoctions. Try things like almond milk (unsweetened, chocolate, coconut milk blend, etc.), cold brew (my personal fave), adding powdered peanut butter (I love the chocolate peanut butter), and once you’re feeling really brave, you can try things like spicy V8 or some of the more unique mixes that other Huelers have listed here on the forum. Adding fruit to Huel is also a popular option!

6. If you’re using the vanilla, a lot of Huelers mention mixing the U/U Huel with the vanilla for their optimum flavor and sweetness level. If you’re using just U/U then play around with sweeteners and flavoring, such as the peanut butter I mentioned, monk fruit sweetener, our new flavor boosts, etc.

Hope this helps! Perhaps other Huelers on here have some flavor suggestions too! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t understand what you were expecting. It’s not a milkshake.

9 Likes

So you’re saying that his milkshake did not bring all the boys to the yard?

14 Likes

Absolutely. So glad you suggested this.

Our illustrious, well-mannered original poster can do the following to improve the taste of his meal:

1. Throw away his Huel. He’s far too sophisticated for it, anyway.
  2. Go to the store. Choose any pre-made food that contains at least 25 grams of sugar per serving. Trans fat is also a plus.
  3. Check back with us in 10 years.
7 Likes

I felt the same way the first day I tried. What works for me is that I use water that I’ve had in the refrigerator overnight. And I’m also putting two spoons of instant coffee in it. The Coldwater seem to smooth it out for some reason. And the coffee helped me get my caffeine fix in the morning, and also makes the flavor OK for me.

4 Likes

So I’m a foodie and an excellent and adventurous cook. I HATED the flavor when I first got it, I thought it was way too sweet… Fast forward half a year and now I’ve got it down. I like to mix things into it like either use cold coffee as the liquid or a ton of cinnamon. I also found that I prefer it much thinner than suggested and that makes the flavor more subtle as well. At this point however maybe I’m just appreciative that I have a quick and easy meal for when I’m too busy or too lazy to cook - prevents me from just buying takeout instead. It was also a huge help for camping in the desert this past June.
I tend to waffle back-and-forth between the unflavored and the vanilla, Sometimes I mix them, other times I have just one or the other to change it up. I absolutely hated the unflavored when I first tried it, but I guess now I’m just used to it? Besides I always feel great when I am doing mostly Huel, so I think that has affected my opinion as well.

8 Likes

First of all… loving the hair!!! I bought Huel to try and shed a few Pounds. I really wanted it to taste good so that it would be something I wasn’t repulsed by. But also adding the other things makes the calories increase and sugars etc. again this was for weight loss.

I will say… when I drink 3 scoops I am full as if I ate a cheeseburger and fries full. It’s amazing to actually feel like I ate. For fat folks we want to feel full.

I really appreciate your insight and I will try the cinnamon asap.

7 Likes

I didn’t like the taste… so what. Are you the Huel police? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Thanks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Pink hair has been kinda my thing for a while now. (You’d be shocked how much design work I get because people remember me when networking lol) I’d kill for thick longer hair like yours tho. Ah well, old age. :man_shrugging:t3:
I second the fullness - was really surprising how full I felt. Totally important for us fat guys :blush: (i’m less so now but working on it still LOL)
I also like how thinned out Huel sneaks in a ton of extra hydration that isn’t present in ordinary meals.
Hope you can make it work for you!

5 Likes

That is weird. It doesn’t taste like anything really, and you can flavor it with anything.
I guess some people just need everything to taste like candy.

4 Likes

Try the vanilla version with 17oz of cold water. Shake well and down it.

The less water, the thicker and sweeter is becomes. The more water, the more lighter unpleasant it becomes. Like drinking dirty water… Be sure to use cold water… That doesn’t mean turning the tap to cold, but water that was refrigerated. I refill water bottles and chill them in the fridge for Huel. The temperature of water can really change how things taste.

Also, I felt like I was taking too much time to drink my 3 scoops, so I start downing the shakes in under 60 seconds. If you down it in one go, you don’t really have a chance to taste it. This is probably a good option for those who have trouble with the taste. Using the Huel shaker, it’s really simple to turn it upside, throw your head back, and down the whole thing fast.

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of making some cold brew coffee and using that as the liquid. I personally use Death Wish coffee and cut it 1/2 and 1/2 with water, and add a couple of ice cubes before the powder, then shake. I also tend to drink it rather quickly, as I am usually pretty hungry in the mornings(I eat small dinners because I, too, amd trying to lose weight, or at least inches). But, as with all things, it’s not for everyone. I hope you find a way to enjoy the Huel, or something that you do like to help in your weight loss. Much love!

3 Likes

Deathwish! I like the Valhalla blend’s taste a little better, but sometimes the proper DeathWish cup is needed. :yum:

1 Like

The first time I tried Huel I wasn’t biggest fan. It definitely takes a while to get used to. I’d recommend trying all the flavour packs, there will be at least one you like!

1 Like

I have the vanilla. I didn’t like it at all the first time. I added instant coffee the next morning and that was good. Now I absolutely crave it, with or without the coffee added. Keep trying.

2 Likes

Try using just 2 scoops. If you are replacing 2 meals a day drink 3 two scoop shakes. It taste much better and you get 2 meal replacement s

2 Likes

Sorry to say thatm but the Vanilla taste is awesome, it’s also way too sweet, to the point where I almost threw up with less than a cup. I don’t know how I’m going to finish the 28 meals, I also got a chocolate flavour but don’t want to open it just yet.

I used for nearly 20 years “The Ultimate Meal” that really stretched the taste and texture boundaries. This is loads better. Decide what you want, a precise and healthy meal or something that hits all of your human needs. This wont hit all your human needs, in terms of desire. However, it will fuel your body. It is fuel. Nothing more, nothing less.