Using cold water for Hot & Savory?

I would like to use cold water to prepare my Yellow Coconut Curry and leave it to sit in the fridge overnight. Are there any issues with doing this?

1 Like

Try it and let us know.

in my mind, it couldn’t hurt to try. only issue i might see is reheating the next day…

I’m curious to see how this goes, any updates?

It’s in the fridge, I should have some answers tomorrow.

1 Like

I think there’s something to be said for a pre-soak, if you have the time…I stirred it once a few hours in because it looked just like it does after I soak it in boiling water for 5 minutes; there was a layer of less-hydrated Huel on the top. This morning, I thought I’d have to stir it again but I didn’t. There’s definitely not as much toothiness as I’ve ever gotten using hot water, but I’ve never really tried much more than 5 minutes.
It didn’t really thicken up over time, the consistency seems the same as when I stirred it yesterday.

Hey @UncaAndoo - this is super interesting. I’ve never tried this before. Did you heat it at all after soaking overnight?

I took a bite or two before heating it in the microwave. I didn’t notice any texture change before and after.