Unavailable Flavors

As someone who has not yet used Huel I have been making the rounds on the review videos and websites. Rather quickly I noticed there was a lack of flavors available in comparison to what these videos were describing.

Sure enough, after changing my location to the United Kingdom, a huge list of extra flavors, including multiple pre flavored powders, appeared before my eyes.

Is there a way to gain access to these other products being a customer in the US? If not I’m not sure I want to use Huel as I don’t want to be a customer in a part of the world that seems to be less on the company’s mind.

US Customers
Powder: Vanilla and Unsweetened Unflavored

Flavor Boosts: Chocolate, Strawberry, Banana, Cappuccino and Chocolate Mint.

UK Customers
Powder: Vanilla, Coffee, Berry and Unsweetened Unflavored.

Flavor Boosts: Chocolate, Strawberry, Banana, Chocolate Mint, Caramel, Mocha, Pineapple and Coconut, Cacao, Matcha Tea, Rhubarb and Custard and Toffee.

1 Like

@Robert_Miskell, they are working to bring a lot of the same flavors here to the US but health regulations are different. The products are not exactly the same. They started in the UK and have only been in the US for about a year now I believe, maybe two.

EDIT: oops, I meant to say the products are NOT exactly the same.

Actually, I believe that some of the Huel folks have said that the formulas are NOT the same, due to differing RDAs and such in the UK vs the US.

They are similar, but they’re not identical. At least, that’s my understanding. @Tim_Huel or @JamesCollier, want to weigh in?

Hey Robert, we do have different flavours and Flavour Boosts available in the UK compared to the USA, it has nothing to do with us having less on our minds, quite the opposite in fact. Really, getting products produced in the USA is hard and has been a struggle at every point, getting bespoke flavours produced with our supplier in Europe is just faster. We can’t just ship our flavours across because:

a) the FDA won’t let us
b) it’s not environmentally friendly

We’re working on some pretty epic product launches right now so the Flavour Boosts have taken a back seat for a moment, but don’t worry they’re coming.

UK and USA formulas are totally different nutritional profiles but the same ingredients (some of the ingredients are from the same suppliers as the UK formula and others are different). The profiles are different because the USA have different recommended intakes of various nutrients.

Hope that helps explain.

1 Like

Post edited, yes I meant to say they are not exactly the same.

But here’s the thing, I wasn’t necessarily referring to the Nutritional formulas of the UK and US Huel products (although it is good to know that it’s not the same thing that’s been raved about so much in Europe), I was really mostly just referring to the lack of flavor options in the US. You’re telling me there’s no way to make a coffee flavor in the US? That doesn’t make sense to me…

@Robert_Miskell there is a cappuccino flavor boost available in the US.

1 Like

@Robert_Miskell you can view this cappuccino flavor boost, here: https://huel.com/collections/flavor-boosts

I would really like to try a bag of berry flavored Huel. I imagine that with a frozen banana blended in it and it sounds like near perfection.

1 Like

I feel confident we’ll eventually be able to make that one happen! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Don’t forget GF Berry! :v::crossed_fingers:

The U.S. Huel, And flavor boosts are all different in the U.S. than in the UK?
Whaaaat??? that’s interesting. Can someone confirm?

They are different, Antone! Different markets have different flavors.

@Robert_Miskell U.S. Customers - we aren’t too far off of what the UK has

Powder:
Chocolate, Vanilla, Berry & U/U.

Flavor Boosts:
Chocolate, Strawberry, Banana, Chocolate Mint, Mocha, Apple Cinnamon, Caramel & Chai

I believe the UK has a banana flavored Huel, (not flavor boost) that people seem to really enjoy.