Sugar free low carb Huel

I love the Huel black because I am on a low carb diet. But I am pretty disappointed it has sugar in it. If it were sweetened with stevia, swerve, or monk fruit, it would still be free of artificial sweeteners, but it would be even fewer carbs, fewer calories, and now sugar free.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback Andrew.

Unfortunately to provide the right sweetness we would have to use more stevia than is permitted by FDA regulations which is why we also use coconut sugar. Erythritol (swerve) is an interesting one but adds an unwanted cooling effect so it doesn’t quite meet the requirements for Black Edition.

Apart from the price, monk fruit is pretty good but it’s not permitted in the EU and we have a global formula.

I hope that answers everything but remember a Black Edition meal still only contains a teaspoon of sugar!

1 Like

ive been on huel black since its inception 6-7 times a day ad main meals ( solgar supplements too ) and i have had no problems with the sugar at all.

i did indeed question it to begin with, with a quick email to the team at huel.

perhaps i have learned to trust huel.

stunning results occurred.

What are your thoughts regarding Black? I consume it for 2 of my 3 meals a day and it has been a game changer for my weight loss/physique transformation.

its been superb

i have it every two hours everyday - 6/7 times

Keywords here are “right sweetness”. I for one would prefer it less sweet anyway. I really don’t Iike overly sweet regular foods. I don’t understand why a meal replacement has to taste like a dessert to be acceptable to people and I’m not even sure this is always the case.

I bet leaving out at least the sugar and keeping just the stevia would already make it much better. Alternatively and preferably I’d love to see a completely unsweetened version. People that like it sweeter can then add as much flavors/sweeteners as they like. That way, everybody can have it with their preferred level of sweetness.

No I think you’re right, it’s not always the case. We can’t please everyone, so thank you for your feedback. Maybe we will see a UU version soon!

1 Like

Agreed… most products have a take it or leave it approach. I think the fact you guys have this forum where we can have discourse around our experience with Huel speaks volumes about your company.