Stop Mistreating Trans Huelegans

You sent me a survey to fill out, but I never got past the first question. Treating the beautiful spectrum of gender diversity this poorly is deeply upsetting. Once you start respecting me as a human, as well as my trans siblings, I will gladly answer your survey.

PS: if you want help understanding how to properly formulate this question so that it’s gender-inclusive, please let me know! I’d be glad to help!

We are incredibly appreciative of you raising this feedback, so thank you. No offence was intentional, but we understand and apologize for any upset caused.

I believe my colleague has already been in touch via social media, but I would like to reiterate here that we will be updating our surveys to be as inclusive as possible. We’re seeking advice on our end, but if you in turn have any suggestions then please don’t hesitate to comment on this thread or send me a private message and I’ll be sure to pass them on!

1 Like

Hi @Shivian, when I read this post, I see that I would make the exact same user interface mistake. What is the correct interface? I understood you contact Huel privately, but also I’d like to know how to do this properly :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am also curious how “properly” is suggested to be done here.

1 Like

The OP dropped this here and hasn’t responded to our request for more discussion…

and a month later you call them names?

You realize this tells us more about you than them, right?

I mean, sure - i thought posting in a forum over a marketing survey question was way more effort than I’d ever invest, but since they felt strongly enough to start the thread I am interested to learn someone else’s perspective. Perhaps dismissing them with disparaging comments is not the best way to encourage discussion. :slight_smile:

That said, I doubt they’ll return - so now this semi-necro’d post is about: something else.

1 Like

I don’t know what you were reading, but no one has called anyone names, yet.

1 Like

Holy shit this is transphobic. Can the admins please remove Joseph’s comments on this post? Yikes,

1 Like

There are numerous ways to solve this problem without resorting to referring to anyone who doesn’t identify as “male” or “female” as “other”

My preferred method is simply to have a blank box for gender, allowing users to fill it in. It’s very easy for computers to hash survey results, so anyone who enters “M, MAN, MALE, BOY, etc” gets grouped with the “male” category, same for female based answers. Then those who answer in a more unique way can be sorted accordingly without denying anyone their gender.

Further, having ONLY a “fill in the blank” box means that you are not giving preference to the colonial & heteronormative gender binary of “male / female” - you’re affirming that all genders are equal, valid, and respected at your company.

1 Like

We truly appreciate the feedback and have taken it on board when creating future surveys to include all Hueligans. We always want to improve in this area as it is so important that all our Hueligans are represented. If you do feel we can make further adjustments to improve please do let me know via private message!

We don’t want anyone to be attacked on the forum so we are going to lock this thread and moderate some posts. We want the forum to be a safe space for all Hueligans to have great conversations and for them to debate about Huel topics.

2 Likes