Stomach acid problems

Huel is creating a rather annoying, not painful, but like annoying amount of stomach acid. I can literally hear it bubbling in my esophagus when I lay down and open my mouth. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so what have you done to combat it? Should I be eating a piece of fruit with it or something else to give my stomach something solid to digest?

Thanks,

CJ

Hi CJ

How long have you been having Huel?
Is this a new issue for you?
When do you have your Huel?
How much per meal and how many per day?
How do you make your Huel?

Hey James,

Yeah, it’s new. It’s been going on for about a week I’d say. Started using Huel a little before that. I currently use 2 scoops in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. In the evening I have a normal meal as I always have. Nothing else has been changed in my diet. No meds either.

Interesting that it’s a new symptom. It’s hard to deduce the reason why you’re experiencing this.

My advice would be, make sure you’re avoiding hot beverages around the same time as you have Huel (as hot liquids slow stomach emptying). And if you are experiencing this, have some water. Also, keep avoid lying down for about 30 mins post-Huel. Having acidic fruit around this time may not be a good idea.

Yeah, I don’t get it. It came on after starting Huel. But I will definitely increase my water intake. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like