Some Vanilla Confusion

This new flavor is absolutely terrible. Once the old huel is gone you’ll have lost a customer that ate about 6-8 bags a month. Just so unfortunate, I really thought I had found the healthy alternative. Don’t know why it had to be changed to this sweet cake flavor. It just doesn’t taste natural at all.

3 Likes

Don’t worry. They are a profit oriented company, just like any company. If indeed the majority of people aren’t liking the new flavor, they’ll notice a big dropoff of revenue and that’ll trigger incentive to bring back original vanilla and then either scrap this new version or (as I suggest) rename the new vanilla “cake batter” and resurrect original vanilla flavor and name it “vanilla”. Everybody will vote with their dollars and Huel will eventually listen. They ultimately don’t care which flavor you like, so long as they have your preferred flavor to offer.

4 Likes

Check out our discussion on this and my reply. There may be conflicting data on the insulin responses of whey vs casein protein. One source I read showed casein to have a strong response, while one of the posters here linked a study showing whey is the stronger insulin trigger. But either way (no pun intended), my other points about cow milk still stand.

I prefer Oat milk because of taste and the fact it’s not cow milk.

1 Like

So I’m new to Huel and the chocolate tastes good, but the vanilla is sour. Like, it tastes like fish no matter what I add to it. Is that what y’all are referring to with the statements about the overpowering taste? Is that what the vanilla tastes like or did I get a bad batch?

It should not taste like fish. That’s for sure. The new vanilla is not as sweet. It kinda tastes like cake batter. Our debates over which one is better is more related to sweetness and amount of vanilla taste. It should not taste sour in any way.

1 Like

Fish ‘n’ Chips are battered … maybe add some tartar sauce? Or ketchup?

4 Likes

It definitely doesn’t taste like fish to me or I wouldn’t touch it. I like the tartar sauce and ketchup suggestions, haha. Maybe some wasabi and soy sauce too.

3 Likes

Hey there. It totally shouldn’t taste like fish. Shoot us a message at support@huel.com so we can help.