Sick after taking shake

Hi

I have just began my first day on Huel, however, I have been sick after each shake I have consumed.

I started this morning with 2 scoop Banana and 1 scoop vanilla and was sick about 10 mins after.

I minimised the shake at lunch and had 1 scoop of each, however, the result was the same (sick).

Am I doing something wrong? is the combination of banana and vanilla wrong?

Advice please

We don’t have banana flavor in the US. Are you in the UK?

I believe there are separate forums for each.

Someone here can probably address your question, though.

Just an FYI.

Really sorry to hear this AJ.

There is nothing in Huel that should cause you to be sick and it is not a common food allergy symptom.

It’s possible that you are ill. Have you had any other foods today?

Hi Dan

Thanks for your reply.

No, I’m not ill, nor have I eat any other foods today.

Immediately after consumption I had a great deal of heartburn then swiftly followed by the vomiting.

Perhaps it’s the mixture of powder I’m using.

AJ Mills

Thanks for the detail. There won’t be any problems with you mixing the powders.

In terms of heartburn it can help to:

• Blend Huel well with plenty of water in a blender rather than using the shaker
  • Sip Huel - 2 scoops should take half an hour to consume
  • Do not consume hot beverages around the same time as you consume Huel.

If that doesn’t work, leave it a few days and then try Huel again in and let us know how you get on.

Ahh ok

I was drink Huel in one go, is not normal procedure ?

AJ Mills

Hi AJ. Dan will be able to confirm, but no, don’t chug your Huel extremely fast. It’s food so you still want to treat it as you would any standard meal. Slow eating = a happy gut.

Huel is just food so having 500kcal in one go may be causing your issues. Try and have Huel over at least 5 minutes and let us know how you get on.

I hope this person wasn’t eating 100 grams of flavor boost…