Sick after huel

I have had one delivery of huel (2x bags - my first consignment of huel ever) last month and didn’t feel sick.

I reordered my second consignment recently (same flavors, coffee and Berry) and have been feeling sick after consuming huel. Also, it only happens when I have huel. For even just one meal with 2x scoops only. After the first 2x scoops on the first day, I got sick and then I stopped completely and I was fine again. It makes me feel nauseous and gassy. Also troubling is that I have a really bad time in the bathroom afterwards. Both times I’ve consumed huel from this delivery, I’ve had severe diarrhea in addition to gassiness and nausea. What gives?

@Sothan_Huel @Alex_Huel

Are you a Hueler from across the pond? I’m having trouble finding you in our system. If so, please reach out to team@huel.com or discuss.huel.com for assistance with your order.

Across the pond! Haha, always find myself chuckling when I hear that. I am, yes, in Europe. Does it matter though? If yes, I’ll try getting in touch with those you mentioned.

While I have access to their system, I would want them to be aware of any potential issues with their products as we don’t offer Coffee Huel powder and I am unsure of any possible trends they may or may not have seen. Tagging in my UK counterpart, @Tim_Huel for assistance. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for tagging someone in Europe - should I still make a post in the EU forum - the one you linked? Or will they take care of it from here? Thanks a ton, again, and a happy new year!

No worries, we got you from here!

Sometime between my last reply and your last reply, I created this https://discuss.huel.com/t/sick-after-huel/11572/4

Unfortunately now there’s a duplicate, but I’m open to answers on either thread, I’m following both

Update: no sleep yesterday night due to stomach cramps and severe diarrhea today. I’m left stabilizing my stomach and drinking oral rehydration solution. I don’t dare to have even a teaspoon more of huel. What is the procedure to return opened and unopened huel bags and how much money can I get back?

Batch number is 9237 at 9:25 pm (probably the mfg. time) - bag of coffee huel. I haven’t opened the Berry huel and want to return it unopened.

Hey Devraj, I’ll respond to you via discuss. We’ll launch an investigation into this.

1 Like