Sawdust and Water

…is what most I most liken the vanilla Huel to in taste and consistancy! So in order to be able to abide the taste I just ordered a banana flavoring packet for $9. I so hope it works! I like the idea of a vegetable based meal drink, so I am hoping that the flavorings make it more palatable. Some general ideas on how to improve the flavor would be great! Any suggestions?

Ha ha. My GF tried the Huel shakes and she is not a fan either. She really likes when I bake the Huel muffins. Shame cause I like the taste of the Vanilla Huel, although I almost always add extra stuff.

Not to rain on your parade, but IMO the Huel banana flavor powder is yuck. The strawberry is slightly less than yuck. In contrast, actual banana and strawberries make a very good addition to vanilla Huel. Their artificial fruit flavoring doesn’t work, for some reason. The Huel chocolate powder is pretty good, though.

My afternoon shake today is:

• 3 scoops of Vanilla Huel
  • 500 ml water
  • a small bit of walnut oil
  • several frozen blueberries and strawberries

My dinner shake today is:

• 2 scoops Huel Unflavored/Unsweetened
  • 500 ml water
  • an entire banana
  • 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
  • small amount of honey
  • cinnamon sprinkled on top and blended

In general, most of my huel shakes involve some additive of berries, banana, PB, raw cashews, the Huel chocolate powder, cinnamon, occasionally a packet of hot chocolate mix, applesauce. Using half water + half milk of your choice as the liquid can also improve taste and texture. As does blending in ice cubes or storing it cold for a few hour before eating. (I use a blender with all my Huel servings, BTW.)

The texture is something that will take a few days to get used to. I don’t really notice it now.