Question about Protein amount

Hi, I recently ordered my first batch of Huel and while I’m waiting for it to arrive I have a question on the amount of protein in Huel.

I’m only planning on having 1 meal of Huel a day to start but might increase that to 2 or even 3 depending on how I like it. I just have a concern. For 1 meal or 500 cal. there is 37 grams of protein which means that having 2 or 3 meals a day is over the daily limit of protein that someone should have in one day. Isn’t too much protein bad for your kidneys? If someone is having 2 meals (500 cal) of Huel each day thats 72 g of protein and 3 is 109, isn’t that way to high? Can someone explain this to me? Thanks.

Think it depends on your size? Here’s a calculator I found.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

The DV for protein is around 50g per day, but this only covers our very basic needs and prevents protein deficiency. The Western diet typically provides more, and Huel does too. All essential amino acids are included in adequate amounts from two vegan protein sources: pea and rice protein, as well as protein from the oat powder. Based on an average 2,000 calorie intake, you could consume up to 148g protein per day from Huel: this provides a good amount for optimal health as well as building and maintaining a healthy body. Furthermore, protein is more satiating (appetite suppressing) than other macronutrients and we’ve designed Huel to stop unwanted hunger pangs.

That being said, every body’s dietary needs is unique and ultimately, we hope people can find what works best for them and their journey to better health.