High protein Huel recipe?

I’m a skinny guy (and unfortunately am currently at a skinny fat stage after trying to bulk up since early this year).

I was using Huel Vanilla for over a year and decided to switch to Huel Black for its slightly higher protein content. I’m not a fan of the taste of Huel Black that much but it’s still palatable for me.

I’m trying to figure out what else I could add to my morning Huel shake to increase the protein content further. My current Huel shake contains just ice, Huel Black, oat milk, and frozen berries.

I’ve tried adding peanut butter in the past and it’s not a great mix in terms of taste. Curious to hear what others have tried or used that doesn’t taste bad.

You can supplement with a protein powder. I always keep naked pea in my pantry for the odd day I feel like changing it up. Powdered peanut butter works for me as well.

You might want to look to whatever other foods you’re consuming as well for further protein supplementation. There’s a misconception out there that you need these massive amounts of protein to build muscle… I currently weigh 244 and get on just fine with 120-160g of protein per day; mind you I dropped about 100 lbs and am curently working on getting definition/leaning out and building/maintaining muscle all while still working on losing 25 more lbs. with positive results.

Out of interest, why do you need more than 40g of protein in one meal? Do you know what your macros are and how many calories you’re consuming a day?

That’s interesting with pea protein powder. I’ve tried it before but didn’t quite like the taste. I didn’t realize powdered peanut butter exists!

You might want to look to whatever other foods you’re consuming as well for further protein supplementation. There’s a misconception out there that you need these massive amounts of protein to build muscle… I currently weigh 244 and get on just fine with 120-160g of protein per day; mind you I dropped about 100 lbs and am curently working on getting definition/leaning out and building/maintaining muscle all while still working on losing 25 more lbs. with positive results.

Interesting! I previously weigh 120lbs but over the last 8 months managed to get up to 140lbs. Unfortunately my strength training has not been consistent enough so I don’t feel like I’ve actually built muscles. I’ve been doing roughly 100g of protein per day, but I feel like everywhere I read online said I’d need like 0.8g - 1g of protein per bodyweight lol. There’s so much conflicting information out there!

I haven’t been tracking my macros / calories lately since I’ve been eating mostly the same thing, but when I was tracking them, I was aiming for 50% carbs, 30% fats, 20% protein. I was eating at 2,400 calories but upped it to 2,600 calories per day. My daily protein intake hovers between 80g - 120g per day.

My personal trainer had previously suggested that I increase my protein intake further, so that’s something that has been at the back of my mind.

I have IBS and am also lactose intolerant, so it has been actually difficult for me to put on weight as a result since my health issues really cause me to dislike eating. It feels disheartening experiencing stomach issues from just eating food. That’s kinda why I’ve been really loving using Huel as part of my food sources now as I did not experience any symptoms from Huel, but I also don’t want to rely on Huel for all 3 meals and just use them as my breakfast smoothie + snack in the afternoon (I make overnight oats and add 1 scoop of Huel Black to it).

Yup… here’s the one I use…
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NQLE5JC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Thanks for explaining so at 2400kcal 120g of protein is your aim, and 130g is your aim for 2600kcal. If you’re looking to put on musicle you need a minimum of 1.6g of protein per kg of bodyweight and up to around 2.2g of protein per kg of bodyweight is the possible maximum for muscle gain.

Here’s the thing though. The body can only process around 35g of protein at any one time, in other words in one meal. This is why body builders have 6+ meals a day.

By the sound of things you’re almost hitting your goals add a protein powder or yoghurt as another snack and you’ll be there.