Question about Clumps and Nutrition

Hi everybody,
I’ve been drinking Huel for about a year now and I just got my hands on the v3.0 product. After a couple tries, I discovered a preparation method that works for me, and creates a very smooth shake (especially compared to the v1.1 shakes I was used to)

• Fill the Huel shaker 2/3 with water, no ice.
  • Add 2 scoops of Huel and shake for several seconds.
  • Add the remaining 1/3 water. Shake again.
  • Refrigerate for at least an hour.

To my best estimation, the last step allows the shake to thicken a bit, as well as letting the unmixed clumps of Huel sink to the bottom of the cup. At the end of my shake, I just rinse these clumps out in the sink, which brings me to my question:

Are there any micro-nutrients I might be missing out on by letting the clumps sink to the bottom and not drinking them? (ie: are there some nutrients in Huel that are harder to dissolve and more likely to clump up) In particular, I’m concerned about omega-3 fatty acids, as my current diet (vegetarian) does not include any other sources of these.

I’d add one step to your method: shake upside down to help force those clumps down onto the screen where they are more likely to break up. I’m having good luck doing this the last few days with no or very few clumps.

1 Like

I have to try this. I had Huel 3.0 for the first time today actually, and it seemed to clump a lot more then 1.1.