One Ripped Bag and Four Bags Not Sealed

My roommate has been ordering Huel for years. I recently tried it and enjoy the product. So I decided to order a good amount, 16 bags. One of the bags had a hole in it and another 4 were not air tight. If it was one or two bags that would be fine, but 5 in total? I mentioned it to my roommate and he just recently had a bad experience with a few bags being ripped and making a huge mess with his order.
I emailed the Huel support and this is the response I received,

Thanks for reaching out.

Great to hear from you. Thanks for choosing Huel.

Unfortunately, some of our bags do get damaged during transit. We check all our packages thoroughly before we hand them out for delivery, so we can assure you that the damage is recent and the Huel should be safe to consume.

We do apologize for this however and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will continue to monitor the situation as well.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best,

Micka

Customer Experience Associate

The damage is recent and the Huel should be safe to consume?? Seriously? From the looks of this, this has been going on for awhile now. I have many people interested in Huel that were going to be first time customers but this kind of mistake should not be okay. I will inform people not to purchase from Huel until this problem is fixed. If the shelf life of the product is 1 year unopened, then that is what you should be guaranteeing to your customers.

In some cases, when orders are in bigger quantities there is a small chance that one or two bags could arrive damaged, however, it is very unlikely since our facility checks the packages throughly before delivering them. Regardless, if our customers receive an opened powder, and they choose it is not safe to consume we would issue either a refund on it or send a replacement, whichever the customer decides. In some other cases, our customers do decide to keep the bag as they see that the powder is in perfect condition.

I can see that one of our CE team members has reached back to you to assist you with this issue and send you a replacement for the damaged powder.

We do record any damaged bags and report it back with our providers so we can monitor how often this happens and so our providers are aware as well so we truly thank you for bringing this issue out. :slight_smile:

I just had a delivery with one ripped bag.
Not a bad average over a year of ordering but still wasn’t happy with the mess.
I think Huel needs to tighten up the shipping a bit

Huel you should send some replacement to this person. That is the fair thing to do.

1 Like