Night shift ER nurse

Hi! I have not yet purchased huel. However, I was wondering if it makes a difference if some of the days of the week I use the shakes for different meals? I work overnight 12hour shifts 3 days a week from 7:30 PM - 7:30 AM. I would prefer to have a shake for the morning and afternoon and then having a sit down dinner on my days off. On my days on I would want to have breakfast and a light lunch and then a shake for dinner while I’m at work. This is my dilemma. Does any one have any advise? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

You can use Huel anytime. It doesn’t matter if you use it at different times on different days.

The only thing I would point out is that a typical shake is only 400 calories. Depending on your calorie needs, you may want to fit in more than one shake when using it to replace meals.

I have four shakes throughout the day, in place of breakfast and lunch, then have “regular” food for dinner.

1 Like

You can use it however it works best for you. In my case, on work days I have a shake at lunchtime, a regular dinner, and a shake before bed. On weekends, I usually eat more regular food.

The biggest thing I can think of is to make sure you get enough calories to get you through the day. One serving is about 400 calories.

Thank you so much for your feed back. I was really skeptical about about it because of the odd hours of work and times I usually eat.

Thank you so much for your feed back. All of the advice is very helpful. I will take into account the calorie intake.