New Version of Huel Powder (v1.1) and New Berry and Chocolate Flavors

Hey James,

I’ve been drinking Huel for a year now (2/14/18 was my first order - a true love story here).

I’m not really into the community or anything - I just drink the stuff. I noticed the new scoop and serving size a while back and wasn’t jazzed about it. I still use three of the small scoops most of the time for the consistency I like at the volume that feels filling, though another option is cool to have.

I do like the increase of omega-3 and B-12, because why not? I never realized Huel 1.0 had D2, so D3 is cool. I’d be fine with animal sourced stuff if it were better nutrition for my body, but I know that’s not in the ethos, so fine change. But I digress…

My question is this: are there photos of the original nutrition information label and ingredients list available? The nutrition info link does not allow me to compare the new formula and ratios to the old. That would be cool.

Attached is a picture of the 1.0 label. You can compare it to 1.1 here - https://huel.com/pages/nutritional-information-and-ingredients#profile

2 Likes

Thanks, @Sothan_Huel

For future reference for others reading, past version info and labels can be accessed via the Versions of Huel article in the Guides & Articles section.

2 Likes

I totally forgot to circle back. I have been using the 1.1 version of Huel for almost two months. I had some digestive issues that got bad for a day or two, but I am reasonably certain that was due to some of my trial and error attempts to understand what works and what doesn’t. As far as I can tell, it is not better or worse for my particular issues. I will say the 1.1 vanilla seems to mix up a bit smoother than the 1.0 Huel, and I abandoned the chocolate and berry flavors for two reasons. The taste of chocolate becomes overwhelming to me, and taste of the berry is underwhelming. At the end of the day, it also did not make since clouding my results any with new variables that serve no nutritional purpose. I just stick with the Vanilla, and that works great for me. It is only when I try to incorporate things other than Huel in any real quantity that I have problems. Returning back to Huel only has worked to restore my baseline in a few days every time so far.

1 Like

I am a fairly new Huel user: One order from Amazon, and two from huel.com. I just got my second order today(May 5, 2019) from the Huel website.

Amazon = starter pack of 2 bags vanilla, scoop, shaker, booklet.
(Edited 05-18-2019 to include missing information) I also ordered 1 bag of the chocolate, and 1 bag of the chocolate mint flavor boost powders.

First order from huel.com = 2 bags chocolate, flavor boost sampler pack, scoop, FREE T-shirt and shaker, booklet.

Second order from huel.com = 1 bag each berry, chocolate, and vanilla.

I like the chocolate, and the vanilla, but I just tried the berry and it is drinkable, but it just is not as good as I had hoped that it would be. I will continue to use the chocolate and the vanilla and I will finish the bag of berry over time so as to not waste it, but will not reorder that variety.

(Edited 05-18-2019 to update this post) I just tried the Berry mixed with a generous spoonful of the chocolate mint flavor boost powder. I liked it better than the plain berry flavor, but as always YMMV.

All three flavors are a bit gritty and grainy, but that doesn’t bother me. YMMV

Happy Hueling everyone.
Thomas

1 Like