New To Huel Community

Hello All,

Lola here :raised_hand: I just Received my Huel Package today, I’m excited to say that I will begin tomorrow, today I ate some guacamole, chips and some homemade soup as my dinner last solid dinner… I’m excited to start this new adventure. I’m a little nervous because I do want to take a leap and make Huel My only source of food. I am vegan. So I think this is going to be good. I think I am going to miss chewing though LOL. This is a challenge, I’m going to put up to the test. Has anybody in here quit solid food cold turkey? And if so how has your journey been I could use some pointers … thank you

4 Likes

Hey Lola, great to have you on board!

If you have any questions send them our way.

We recommend that when you start your Huel diet, you first try replacing 1 meal with Huel, and then after a while (approx. 5-7 days) you could progress to replacing 2 of your daily meals (and then 3, 4, etc. if you want to go 100% Huel). This will allow your body to slowly adjust to Huel.

If you switch from one diet e.g. vegan to paleo, you can experience flatulence and irregular bowel movements, tiredness and/or cravings, etc. It’s not that the diet is bad it’s due to changes in the gut’s microbiome based on their new food source.

Most Huelers have Huel 1-2 times a day and then a cooked meal in the evening. If you feel you want to chew then having low calories snacks such as homemade popcorn or vegetables like carrots may help.

2 Likes

How long did it take you from the time you ordered to receiving your first shipment?

1 Like

For me it took less than a week but I ordered mine over the Easter weekend. In case you need more than one person’s experience.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with doing an all Huel diet. Some people have found it to be very useful for a period of time. They did it to improve health, lose weight, etc. A “mono diet” can be a good psychological tool to use for a period of time for some people. But the majority of the Huel users on this forum do it only one or two servings a day. I am a once-daily Huel man myself. The wife’s cooking is too good to pass on. (Wife and I also recently went all plant-based for 2019 and we’ve been happy so far. Me more so than she, though.)

Intuitively, I would think that if you wanted to do all Huel, or mostly-Huel diet, and had some cravings for chewed food, keeping carrot sticks or cut up carrots ready to go would be an easy snack to consume. It won’t add many calories, but they taste pretty good on their own and they can fill you up. Having an apple a day may also be a good way to “bridge” to a total Huel diet. Or slice up both and keep in a baggy and then eat whenever you feel the urge. These aren’t foods anyone really needs to restrict… unless they’ve had recent dental work :slight_smile:

Oh, one easy tip for powdered Huel: mixing it in your favorite plant milk or a 50/50 mix of milk and water can really help. Almost all of mine use oat milk.

1 Like

Welcome Lola! I’m new as well, about a week into Huel. I’ve actually just completed my first day with only Huel yesterday and it went well! I do concur with the recommendation of only using Huel for 1-2 meals at first. Good luck and I know you’ll love the community here, too!

1 Like

Sounds good …Thank you :blush: