Just ordered! Few questions

Just ordered the vanilla huel, it should be delivered in a couple days. I plan on replacing 2 meals a day. Just curious how everyone has transitioned? Was it rough for awhile? Did you have cravings? As someone who is used to eating mostly large portions, I’m wondering if this will satisfy me.
Also a little nervous about the bowel movements and gas. How has everyone dealt with this while being in a work environment? I wait till I get home as it is, I’m worried I may be uncomfortable during my shift after starting huel.

I just started this week.

I replaced a fast food breakfast with Huel and was really surprised that it filled me up and I only needed a few cashews to make it to lunch. I plan on taking on lunch next but will wait a week and just get used to the new routine. I have been pleasantly surprised by the lack of craving and gastric side effects. I think the easing into any new diet change will help a lot.

1 Like

I switched nearly completely on Sunday (one non-Huel meal this week), and I couldn’t be happier. I like the taste (a tablespoon of cocoa powder and an hour or two in the freezer before serving makes it delicious). My food cravings are way down, I’m losing weight, I’ve got more time because I’m not prepping, thinking about, or eating complex meals, and I’m generally feeling happy and healthy. My eating was relatively healthy and fiber filled prior to Huel (I’m vegan and ate lots of fruits, veggies, and beans), and I haven’t had any gastrointestinal issues following the switch. I find that I feel full longer after eating Huel than I did with my typical meals. I also haven’t felt any need for afternoon snacks, which is unusual for me.

It did take me one day to get used to the taste and consistency of Huel, so don’t give up if you don’t love your first meal. By day two I was content, and by day three I was actually looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Each “dose” of Huel seems to stay with me and last a long time. Sometimes longer than a regular meal. I even noticed this when consuming Huel before exercise. I didn’t have to eat right away post exercise. It might be a combination of slower digesting carbs, fiber, and decent amount of fat in the Huel formula.

I’ve grown to prefer Huel over “regular food” (I mean, Huel is made from real food stuffs) at work. Super convenient. I have more time on my breaks. The nutrients last longer. I have more freedom for when to eat since I can go longer.

3 Likes

Hi, Gabriella! Welcome to a new life with Huel! I started back in August and haven’t look back. I love it!

Like you, I do the “two Huel meals a day” plan, also. So, I have Huel for breakfast and lunch and eat a traditional solid supper.

I did find initially that it was difficult for me to make it all the way to supper time without at least some extra snack during the day, so I have a very small light snack in late morning / early afternoon, typically just something like a piece of buttered toast. Other than that, though, I find that my two Huel meals are definitely enough to get me to supper time.

As for the digestive issues, I actually find that have an easier time with that during the day now than when I was eating traditional meals for breakfast and lunch. So, I think you’ll find that part of it to be fairly easy to deal with.

Best of luck and please keep us posted on how it’s working out for you!

Joel

3 Likes

Hay I’m eating one three scoop Hule over the corse of a school day and I’m not becoming hungry until 3-6pm. Two Hule at work (in a school) is too much for me. Keep in mind I am a pititie lady and I’m sipping Hule while chasing special ed kiddos.

I also have IBS and have lingering after effects from having a bout of C Diff. My bowl symptoms haven’t changed with Hule replacing my work breakfast and lunch.

2 Likes

Just got my order in today. All I can say is WOW! I mixed my shake with coffee and some cinnamon. First impression is it taste exactly like plain oatmeal. Not the greatest but easy to doctor up with fruits and other things if I get bored of it. Second impression as I sipped on my 500ml… “How the heck am I gonna drink all of this?!?” Lol! So I’m definitely excited. I only drank half the bottle. This was my first meal of the day and I’m not much of a breakfast person so I’m not surprised I couldn’t finish it, but I’m curious to see how long until I’m hungry. Gonna store the other half in the fridge for later. I’ll keep you all posted on how my day goes. Thanks for all of your responses so far :grin:

3 Likes

I take generic beano ($7 bucks for 100 pills at Walmart) before every Huel. If I don’t I smell like sewage :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love it! I am on GF vinilla and mine taste like rice cereal it’s good. Very filling. I actually have a lot less gas now and a much easier time in the restroom. (I am not supposed to eat flour) my mom is tested celiac and while doc says I’m ok it makes me very tired and give me digestion issues. Just want to say it is a lot easier to stay on top of one meal then all my meals and I feel so much better.

2 Likes

Welcome!

I have not had any of the bowel issues that others have described, and oddly have had less gas than with my old diet. Sarted with the vanilla, then moved to regular to get away from the sweeter.

I do add frozen fruit when home to mix it up a bit, but have grown to appreciate the natural taste of my lunch shake au natural.

Hope you as easy of a time…and good luck on your goals.

2 Likes

I started last Thursday April 19, replacing two meals a day and having a reasonable dinner. I also started drinking a lot more fluids, water and unsweetened tea. It has not been difficult. I have some snack craving but nothing too bad. I really can’t tell from the scale what the number is, because my scale is busted, but I am noticing already reduced muffin top. my pants are just a little bit looser. I don’t mind the vanilla, definitely want to try other flavors, but it’s been smooth sailing for me so far. :slight_smile:

3 Likes