1 Week of Nothing but Huel

Hello,

My wife and I decided to start using Huel to help in weight loss. We were looking for something with a full nutritional spectrum. Huel makes it easier on us because we know the amount of calories per serving, and I travel a lot for work. I can throw it in my suitcase with a shaker bottle and be good to go.

We wanted to kick start with sort of a cleanse, so we have elected to drink only Huel (for the most part) for 2 weeks, and then start eating regular dinners. The first few days were pretty bad. I am drinking 3 servings, for 1500 calories a day. I am not very active, so this puts me at about a 600-700 calorie/day deficit.

I am one week in and feel great. Huel gives me a lot of energy in the morning, and each serving fills me up for about 5-6 hours. I drink about 30 oz of water before my Huel, and I also sip on water while I am drinking Huel slowly.

I have no hunger pangs during the day, which is great. Our only issue was evening snacking. The time around 7-10 PM is the toughest for us. We didn’t cheat, but felt we needed to add something, so we added Sugar Free Jello in around day 4. We also started added half a serving of unsweetened Almond/Coconut milk with the morning drink to give us a bit more flavor and more vitamins and minerals. We also drink an occasional diet soda.

We also added in a stick of gum per day just to keep our jaws working and saliva flowing, to prevent tooth decay.

Once you get through Day 3, it starts to feel normal again. By around day 5, you should start to feel really good.

3 Likes

That is quite the feat! We’re proud of you two!!! :clap::tada: Keep up the good work and keep us updated on your progress, how you’re feeling with Huel, etc. Thanks so much for sharing!

I do want to point out though for any new Huelers that consuming Huel regularly should not cause tooth decay. However, I totally get just wanting to chew on something, even if just to trick your mind into feeling like you’re still chewing and eating like you’re used to. :+1: