New Huel Black Vanilla Flavor is Disappointing

Hello,

I wanted to leave feedback about the “new and improved” Huel Black Vanilla flavor. I find it quite unappetizing. It has a strong aftertaste, somewhat similar to a diet soda. It is not something I can see myself consuming every day.

I have been using Huel for 2+ years now, and this is the first time I have decided to start looking for a new product to use as a meal replacement. I switched to Huel Black as it has a better protein-to-carb ratio and does not use artificial sweeteners, so I do not want to swap back to the original Huel. I have not been a fan of the other flavors, so I do not want to order the chocolate or unflavored Huel Black options.

Thank you for the years of delicious meals. I will try to check back occasionally to see if the Huel Black Vanilla flavor is “improved” again at some point.

Cheers,
Ryan

2 Likes

I’m with ya Ryan. Just posted about my v1.1 experience, and not getting as much of a diet soda aftertaste, but an overall undertone of rubber/plastic. Hard to pin down, but certainly something is really off.

1 Like

I get this as well. It tastes like plastic.

i mix one scoop vanilla black with one scoop unflavored black to solve that problem, and it is fantastic!