My Hot & Savory never looks like the picture

Mine looks more like a soup. What am I doing wrong?

I eat this once a week at work. I use the microwave method but changed it slightly. I like to add the water at least an hour before I am going to eat. I add 2 scoops to my huel pot and then I add the water a little over the line and then stir making sure to get the very bottom corners mixed well. I then put the lid on and let it rest for at least an hour. I stir it and then microwave for 2 minutes. I stir again and microwave another 2 minutes. I stir again, put the lid on, and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. I find it is usually pretty thick so I then add more water if needed. I also generally use some franks red hot sauce to spice it up a little bit. Letting it sit for the hour softens some of the stuff closer to a texture that I prefer and makes it a little thicker consistency. I doubt it will look as good as the picture on the bag but this should get it closer.

Chris

Too much water?? Keep in mind that it’ll never look like the picture. The H&S you see in marketing images was likely sitting out for a while, hence why it has that consistency.

Huel pot. Yeah, I was supposed to get on but all I got is a cup and all I’ve ever order is H&S.

Hey @ebjazz,
Welcome, stoked to have you as a Hueligan!
The biggest pro-tip I can give you to make your Huel Hot & Savory look more like the photo is to make it with a bit less water. This way it will have a bit more of a grain bowl like consistency. We also use a garnish on top of ours in our photos so you are welcome to add a bit of a garnish to give it a bit of flare!
Try those tow things out and let me know how you get on with them :blush:

Here is the consistency of the Mexican Chili made using my above mentioned technique. I made a hole in it with my spoon and it holds its shape. image

Thanks! Still doesn’t look close to the picture on their site.

Food in images for the purpose of marketing is almost always fake. You may have noticed your Hamburgers you buy at McDonalds never look like the picture on the menu.

You shouldn’t expect it to look the way it does in marketing because it never will with anything food you buy. The important part is you’re getting what is being sold.

So I agree it doesn’t look like the pics but of the favors I have tried, I am in love. I have been scarfing my bag of Mexican chili and can’t wait to order more. I plan on trying all the flavors. I am historically a Huel Black drinker but this hits the spot when I want a hot meal. I don’t know what I would do if Huel ever went out of business :open_mouth: