Massively disappointed

Everyone’s “solution” seems to be to doctor it up more! The reason I picked Huel is so I know exactly what nutrients and calories I am getting. If people are going to just throw in all of this extra stuff then why would they care what the base product tastes like. I have been using Huel for a few months and I think I am going to find something else. I don’t like a company that is focused more on changing their product to appeal to the complainers rather than keep the loyal customers satisfied. Especially when the complainers seem like they are just going to add in extra stuff anyway!

2 Likes

But aren’t you the complainers now?

Yes, and that’s where the problem lies. They turned happy, existing customers into unsatisfied.

3 Likes

I am wondering if it would be possible for Huel to package the original vanilla flavoring into a Flavor Boost that could be added to U/U Huel. I know, this would be an extra cost and one extra step for people to recreate the original vanilla. But it might be a cheaper and easier solution than offering two Huel powders Vanilla and Cake Batter.

Or, package this new flavor as a Cake Batter Flavor Boost that people could add to U/U and bring back OG vanilla.

Just brainstorming. I mean, Huel has a RTD chocolate, a powdered chocolate Huel, and a chocolate Flavor Boost. They kept the chocolate flavor boost even after launching chocolate Huel powder.

5 Likes

Posted by tyler-huel

“Totally understand your concern, and I appreciate your passion for the Original Vanilla. The change was brought about due to many complaints of the previous formula–we concluded that it was too “synthetic” tasting so we improved the vanilla to a more natural flavor.”

The new flavor tastes like I’m eating plastic and sugar.

If you make the product less sweet people can always add more sweetener of their choice, but if the product shows up so very sweet we can’t make it less sweet.

I’m bummed.

I’ll try the unsweetened/unflavored huel after this bag runs out, but this new vanilla is this close to being terrible.

3 Likes

Vanilla has a Sucralose aftertaste which cannot be disguised alway. Totally inedible. If I Huel again it will have to be the Unflavored and Unsweetened bag.

2 Likes

I just tried the new vanilla for the first time today (Day 2; yesterday, I had two Chocolate meals, and today is all Vanilla), and I think the criticism is woefully overblown. I’ve read that it tastes like plastic, fish, etc., and I don’t have that experience at all.

It’s certainly sweeter than Chocolate, but Chocolate is noticeably more acrid, and I prefer this Vanilla flavor, considerably.

Also, “inedible?” Talk about massive hyperbole. The sky isn’t falling; Vanilla just may not be your preference.

1 Like

Original vanilla is by far my preference. New vanilla, not so much.

1 Like