Lingering taste

Hello Huelers!

I’m new to this thing – 10 days in, and so far, I’m enjoying the hell out of it. The flavor, the weight loss, the energy, etc all is great. I’m just having one issue so far - it’s not the aftertaste that’s bad, it’s the aftertaste that never goes away! I can’t tell if it’s causing bad breath, if it’s just me or if I just have stank ass breath and never realized it. Is it something that will eventually subside on its own? I just feel like I can constantly taste the product even after hours of not having it. I brush my teeth twice a day, use mouthwash and still can’t seem to get away from it. I talk with people all day and I just feel bad for them.

I use chocolate and vanilla - typically 2 scoops for breakfast and lunch - sometimes mixing in instant coffee with a little Sweet N’ Low.

Any advice would be so great. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Hey @jd41! Are you noticing this with both the chocolate and the vanilla Huel? I can’t say this is something I’ve ever noticed when consuming Huel but perhaps some other Huelers on the forum have had similar experiences and might have some advice for you.

Have you tried the Unflavored/Unsweetened?

I think some people are super-tasters for sucralose similar to how some people are with cilantro.

I never noticed sucralose aftertaste when I was putting it in my coffee and drinking it in various “sugar free” beverages - but since I’ve eliminated it I now notice that signature can’t-wash-it-out flavor.

2 Likes

Hmmm…I’m not sure, to be honest! I’ll do my own little science experiment this weekend to see if I can pin it.

I drank quite a bit more water today than usual to try and cleanse, and that seemed to work a little better.

I think I’m going to try the U/U Huel on my next monthly shipment to see if that helps combat the lingering. Thank you for the advice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I second the sucralose taster thing, but for me it’s ALL artificial sweeteners from sweet n low and stevia, etc.

I’m going to try the U/U and just sweeten with half a banana or something.

Have been blending the chocolate Huel with almond milk and ice cubes, drinking in 5 minutes or less and then downing water after. I can’t with artificial sweeteners. I’m crossing my fingers re the U/U. Hope it works for you as well.