Artificial Sweetener Taste

Hi there, new to Huel, love the concept and truly want it to work for me. My tastebuds don’t like artificial sweeteners. It’s just a thing. If I would’ve caught the sucralose before I would’ve ordered the U/U.

Anyone else sensitive to artificial sweetener that switched to U/U? I can take bland and I’m happy to experiment with fruit, cacao, etc.

Open to suggestions and would love to hear from others that are sensitive to artificial sweeteners.

Thanks!

Many of us have found good ways to flavor U/U Huel (although I was reluctant at first to use it). And fruit is the most common way to do it.

For me, I really liked this formula

• 50/50 mix of plant milk and water
  • 2 scoops U/U Huel
  • 1 banana
  • 2 medjool dates
  • peanut butter or PB2 powder
  • cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
    It will have to be blended.

2 or 3 dates (minus the pits) blended seems to replace the amount of sweetness found in 400 to 600 calories of the flavored Huels. So almost any formula that someone would use with vanilla Huel can be modified to U/U by simply adding in a few dates. Dates lack that artificial sweetness experience but aren’t overly sweet like adding in powdered brown sugar or maple syrup.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I do think a date or 2 will be a good option for me!

1 Like

so… I think I might be mildly allergic to sucralose. I’ve noticed a couple+ side effects that are likely related to sucralose. Unfortunately, I wanted to try all the flavors, and ordered all 4 Flavors. Thankfully, one of those was the U/U, & I only ordered one of each. I’ve been trying to get my mom to eat the flavored kinds, & often using half U/U half flavored.
The other thing, is thankfully I ordered the Mint Choc Flavor Boost. So i’ll use that.

I tried:
1/2 cup cocoa to 1 1/2 cups sugar (recommend trying 1/2 cup cocoa to 1 cup sugar)
I used coconut sugar, and had myself a homemade choc mix. Used 1 teaspoon per scoop huel.
Powdered PB is good. I used 1 Tbs per scoop huel.
Milk helps add taste / fat to the pb & the chocolate. recommend 1/3 cup milk or more per 2 scoops. More is better, but more calories also.

You can also add cinnamon, cinnamon/sugar, or flavor boost to the chocolate mix.

I’m still playing around with flavoring U/U huel, but 1:3 cocoa/sugar seemed too sweet, though it was good :thinking:

Aww man an allergy to it? That’s tough! It stinks that we can’t exchange the unopened bags. Luckily I have a friend that’s willing to take it off my hands.

The flavor boosts use Stevia so that’s a no for me, but good for you since your problem is the Sucralose. I’m thinking fruit, cinnamon, and half almond or regular milk in the U/U will do the trick for me. I actually don’t have much of a sweet tooth so a little will go a long way.

The online description says U/U tastes “earthy” do you pick up on that at all?

Thanks for your help! I’m staying hopeful.

Hey Antone sorry to hear this. You can always return any unopened pouches to us within 30 days for a refund.

Hopefully you crack how you like your U/U Huel.

Honestly, non of the Huel tastes great imo.
But idk, not really, it just tastes plain, sort of. if you add flavor you really can’t taste the huel much.

I’ll probably end up just ordering U/U, and use protein powder, sugar ,fruit, or whatever to mine. maybe coconut.