Newbie introduction :-D

Hello everyone!! I just got my huel a couple of days ago. I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you through this journey.
I am a 38 yr old female. I have some minor health issues (due primarily to being overweight) such as sleep apnea, insomnia, joint problems, plantar fasciitis, etc. I’m hoping that by getting healthier I can not only see some improvements from these but prevent more serious things coming up.
Before getting huel, I was already using a meal replacement for breakfast from another company, so I decided to start with replacing 2 meals a day right off the bat. (Sorry Huel people for breaking the rules ;-).)
Yesterday was my first day. I made my breakfast shake with coffee instead of water. I am cutting out soda and energy drinks so I’m hoping this will help with the caffine headaches. I premade my lunch shake with ice in the blender and carried it to work in my yeti so it stayed good and cold. It worked really well. I was definitely hungry when I headed home and ready for dinner but not unbearably so.
I don’t know if it was the huel or the morning workout or a combo of the two but I definitely had more energy throughout the day. I didn’t work out today and still I have more energy than I used to so I think huel is playing a big part in that.

I love the fact that there is a forum here. I am hoping to find some people with common goals and struggles so that we can be “huel buddies” lol and encourage and support each other.

Happy Hueling!!

3 Likes

I noticed immediately that I had more energy longer after a dose of Huel verses a comparable caloried regular meal. I could go longer after a workout before needing to eat again. I could go longer at work after a dose of Huel before I felt I needed to eat again. I think the slower digesting, lower Glycemic Index components of Huel verses what I was eating before is the reason for it.

As the months of use have gone by, many of us have found our favorite formulas. We add a few things here and there to keep it from becoming monotonous, while still maintaining a good balance to the ingredients. Things like a half banana, frozen berries, apple sauce, raw cashews, peanut butter, cinnamon, etc. We’ve come upon some really good combinations.

My best advise is: always use a blender to make your Huel mixture. That alone makes a big difference.

I do two Huel doses at work since I work 12:30 to 21:00. I blend in the AM and put them in my insulated lunch bag with two cold packs. Huel has helped me lose about 12 pounds over the last 4 months.

2 Likes

i’m with you there on the health issues. mine seem to be that i just get tired, and everything hurts when i try to exercise. but that could be from lack of exercise too… :thinking:

i did like you and jumped into two a day, but i’m having a hard time keeping it up, mainly because i’m weak and like breakfast burritos from the gas station… but when i do my two Huels a day, other than being munchy when i get home, i’m loving it!

Hi, Shanda! I’m also new to the world of Huel. Thanks for sharing your story! I started Huel about a week and a half ago. I originally planned to have it for breakfast after working out. I go to Orangetheory Fitness several times a week, but I wasn’t really eating breakfast after the workout. I feel like I have plateaued, so I’m hoping that getting a good amount of protein after my workouts will jumpstart things.

The way it’s worked out, I’ve been having Huel for lunch as well. I really enjoy the flavor, and it’s a fast and easy meal. I don’t normally get hungry between breakfast and lunch, but I’m usually REALLY hungry come dinner time.

Please keep us updated on your Huel journey. I think it’s wonderful that we have this forum to talk and encourage each other.

Happy Hueling!
(I noticed that you also use this phrase!)

1 Like