At first glance - Huel 1 meal replacement

Alrighty here is my experience thus far I’ll add to this post each week as I go.
Week #1 - I am about five days in so far and using huel to replace breakfast due to my inability to wake up at a reasonable time for work. I make my huel up the night before so it is ready to go. I ordered one vanilla and one chocolate and I am currently using out of the vanilla. I actually prefer the earthy taste of these shakes and the vanilla is delicious if you ask me. It definitely makes me feel full but not for long. I’d say an hour or so and I need something to put in my stomache. I don’t think that is huels fault as much as it is my own. I’m a person who snacks a lot and I think I have taught my body to expect something every so many hours. I typically bring some fresh veggies for my first break just to top off my belly. I haven’t noticed any changes in my energy levels. Which I am taking as a good sign. Huel must be giving my body enough fuel for my work day or I’d feel drained. I have had some GI changes. Gassy and even at time cramps but for now I am writing that off as my body getting use to something different. I didn’t order this expecting any miracles. For me I simply want something that effectively replaces one meal a day without starving my body. It is stopping me from eating McD’s breakfast three times a week so that alone will improve my health. I am able to get through my work day with huel and a few fresh cut veggies for lunch. Once home I make a meal and seem to be fine for the rest of the day.

1 Like

Try the unsweetened to see if it prevents the gas (some gut bacteria really enjoy the sucralose)

You can compensate with some if your own sweetener if you want or since you like the earthiness, you might be ok with plain.

1 Like

That is actually a good idea. I would rather blend fresh fruit into it for the flavor. Thank you! I figured it was just something new and my body would adjust.

2 Likes

You can always try and have your Huel over a longer period of time which can help you feel fuller for longer.

We recommend that when you start your Huel diet, you first try replacing 1 meal with Huel, and then after a while (approx. 5-7 days) you could progress to replacing 2 of your daily meals (and then 3, 4, etc. if you want to go 100% Huel). This will allow your body to slowly adjust to Huel.

If you switch from one diet e.g. vegan to paleo, you can experience flatulence and irregular bowel movements, tiredness and/or cravings, etc. It’s not that the diet is bad it’s due to changes in the gut’s microbiome based on their new food source.

1 Like