It is here - Mexican Chili Huel Hot and Savory! šŸŒ¶

I have not tried any additions to the Thai Green Curry yet. I am planning on trying a couple of different types of chili and garlic crisp sauces to add to the Mexican Chili, and I bet they can do double duty in the Thai Green Curry too. The most lacking thing across both of those dishes is umami, imo, and these garlic/shallot/pepper infused oils seem like a perfect addition.

The Tomato and Herb was very good. I added a few dashes of garlic salt and I was good to go. I could easily see adding sun dried tomatoes, green onion, basil/thyme/oregano, fresh garlic, cherry tomatoes, etc.

My Huel Hot and Savory order of preference would be Mexican Chili, Tomato and Herb, and lastly, the Thai Green Curry. I tend to favor a little less water in the Mexican Chili and little more water in the Tomato and Herb, as the texture comes out a little better for each mixture that way. All in all, I will end up purchasing the Mexican Chili and Tomato and Herb again, along with more Black Edition. Well done yaā€™ll! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been mixing the H&S Mexican Chili and the Tomato and Herb half and half. Enjoying that extra heat from the chili mix.

1 Like

As winter is setting in here in the midwest and cold beverages are looking less appealing, I thought I would try Hot & Savory. I love it! I know Iā€™m not big on tomato based soups, so I skipped tomato + herb on my initial order.

The only thing that slightly disappointed me is that I didnā€™t read the fine print while ordering, probably because Iā€™m so used to ordering the powder and know what to expect, so i was surprised to see the bags when they arrived were much smaller than the Huel powder. With only 7 servings per bag (down from 17 in the powder bags) this also means the cost per meal is more expensive, and at $3+ per meal it did have me wondering what the advantages are of Huel hot + savory over say simply buying cans of soup which could be cheaper (also have more variety)? It would be nice if Huel could get the value closer to in line with the powder, but overall this isnā€™t a deal breaker for me.

I had digestive issues with more than 100g of Huel powder per day, but with Huel hot + savory Iā€™ve had 2 servings per day on several occasions and 1 serving of H+S + powder and havenā€™t had any problems, so this is a huge win for me in terms of being able to integrate more Huel into my diet!

Iā€™ve seen some complaints on flavor, mostly for the Thai Green Curry, but honestly I find the flavor for both to be very pleasant. It might be a little ā€œflatterā€ or more ā€œneutralā€ than say an equivalent can of soup or something, but that is probably because the ingredients are simply healthier than other iterations of the same dishes. Also, I can think of plenty of chilis and curries that are good in small doses but are too distinctive or ā€œin your faceā€ flavor wise to enjoy every day. So I quite like the toned down flavors, it makes it more palatable for longer term use. Also I like heat, so I can vary the flavor a bit utilizing different hot sauces.

Iā€™ve just ordered a refill, and am even willing to give the Tomato + Herb a shot!

These are a much bigger hit for me than the Huel Bars, and they are also more filling to me than the powder shakes.

Thanks for another great product Huel!

2 Likes

Love the Mexican chili! My husband and I split a serving sometimes and make it into tostadas. Delicious by itself or as a base.

image|375x500

5 Likes

That looks DELICIOUS!

2 Likes

I love the tomato and herb and have been eating it for lunch most days recently. I was super excited for the Mexican Chili flavor (and had hoped for a chili since the initial hot and savory release) but Iā€™m kind of struggling with it. The flavor is nice, but the texture is very off-putting to me due to the copious amounts of what I assume are the flax seeds. It reminds of those weird chia seed drinks. The crunch and feel of those bits compared to the rest of the mouthful is what I donā€™t like, I think. I tried mixing up the bag better which helped a little bit on try # 2.

Anyone else have this problem? Or have suggestions for improving the texture - maybe if I cook it longer theyā€™ll be softer? Less noticeable? I have two whole bags to eat and would like it otherwise!

I just got mineā€¦but no scoop?

You need to request it separately.

I have a bag of Mexican Chili sitting in my cabinet, I havenā€™t gotten into it yet. I tried the Thai Green Curry just now. Holy crap!!! I wasnā€™t sure what to expect, but reviews for the flavor are consistently pretty good, so I decided to give it a try (also got the yellow coconut curry which I havenā€™t gotten into yet either).

This stuff is fantastic! It actually tastes like Thai Green Curry - maybe not the best Thai Green Curry Iā€™ve ever had, but it still tastes like the real deal, which is not something I actually thought would be possible in a format like this. The texture is certainly unlike anything Iā€™ve ever eaten before, but thatā€™s not a bad thing per se.

I avoided the Tomato and Herb because Iā€™ve consistently seen not so good things about it, but several people in this thread seem to like it, so maybe Iā€™ll give it a shot next time I order.

1 Like

I have ordered a bag. Are all of the ingredients organic?

Welcome Cheryl! So happy to hear that, please let us know your thoughts on Huel Hot and Savory! :grin:

And no, Huel is not organic, see here for a bit more about why!

1 Like

Update: Yellow coconut curry is delicious!!! The raisins are my favorite part, and there werenā€™t many of them in my bowl, I might add more.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to try it! Need to work through my current inventory before ordering moreā€¦ Grrrr

1 Like

.jpeg)

• add raw spinach & beet greens. Mmmmmm

I tried it today. It was pretty good. It actually had flavor and a little spice (unlike the Indian Curry which is very bland). I still had to add some cayenne (1/4tsp) to raise the spice level to something Iā€™d call chili though.

The beans didnā€™t quite rehydrate properly so they were crunchy but edible. Iā€™ll add a little more water next time I try it.

This is one that Iā€™d probably buy again.