I'm so sick of Huel's poor shipping!

have you tried emailing customer support? My order history said ‘Shipped’ with no tracking email/info then when I emailed support they said it just left the facility. Then I got an email with tracking info but fedex says they havent actually received it, just the shipping label.

Yeah mine looks exactly like the screen shots in the top post. Customer service only reassures me that it will be resolved, but no specific details. I can see why some people are getting frustrated.

Hey Grizzle, I understand your frustration and I can see our Customer Experience team are trying to help you out. I provide nutritional support here on the forum and do not have access to the systems that are require to help you. I do care!

2 Likes

Sorry for your problems. I’ve never had issues with Huel’s shipping. My experience with UPS and FedEx have been exactly the opposite of yours. While I won’t claim to “have a lot of experience shipping hundreds of packages a day all over the world,” I do send and receive many packages. Out of the thousands I’ve shipped and received, I’ve only experienced a couple of tracking issues and have had no lost shipments.

2 Likes

The simple solution is to pantry a few extra bags to tide you over in the event of a shipping delay.

3 Likes

Hey @Dan_Huel. My apologies, I thought you were the owner. Who is the owner? And is she/he/them aware of this thread?

This is more than a simple singular shipping delay. This is a systemic problem with Huel, one they don’t want to address and/or don’t even acknowledge is a problem. This has been going on for 3 years, just read the link in my first post and read kris4183 comments.

Let me quote myself:

…a customer should not have to buy in bulk because the company is either inept or unwilling to modify its actions which delay the shipments. And while @kris4183 made a very astute point, I don’t think a customer should have to modify their order days just because a company is incapable or unwilling to modify its actions.

So, I FINALLY got my Huel order last night. A full 13 DAYS after I placed the order. That’s 13 DAYS without my main food source. That is the problem. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!

And you did not ship it overnight as I required!

When I finally got my order it was missing a friggen bag of Huel! I ordered three Black and two White. And I only got one White. What the friggen hell is going on at Huel?

@Domenique_Huel I want straight answers to these simple questions:

1. Does Huel consider their shipping to be a problem that needs to be fixed? (Y/N)
  2. If yes, what is Huel actively doing right now to address the problem?
  3. If yes, why has it taken over 3 years to address the problem?
  4. Is Huel going to offer expedited shipping? (Y/N; I do not want a political answer, I want a Y/N)

As it stands right now you have lost me as a customer and I will follow through with what I wrote originally*. Plus, three of my coworkers use Huel and know of my ordeal, so you lost them too. Unless your answers to the above questions are satisfactory, it’s clear to me Huel doesn’t care about its customers and considers us nothing more than a source of money. Otherwise, Huel would have at the VERY LEAST agreed that shipping is a problem over 3 years ago.

And I still haven’t received the replacement order you shipped out…

• Below is what I wrote I was going to do if Huel didn’t fix its ways. However, now I see a business opportunity! Huel executives = dinosaurs. And we all know what happened to dinosaurs…they got replaced by smarter and faster animals.

If there was a good Huel alternative that offered rational shipping options I would leave Huel in an instant. I am a professional formulation chemist so I could easily re-create Huel for much less money than I buy it from you…If this problem is not addressed soon I will have to leave Huel and start making it myself in my kitchen. And while I’m just one person, so you wouldn’t care, if directions for how to easily make Huel at home were known by many I think you may care.

1 Like

Hi! I would be happy to address the questions you’ve detailed above!

1. Does Huel consider their shipping to be a problem that needs to be fixed? (Y/N)
4. Is Huel going to offer expedited shipping? (Y/N; I do not want a political answer, I want a Y/N)

We know that we are facing shipping issues at the moment and I understand that this is causing havoc for our customers. We want you to know that:

Yes, we’re aware of the current delivery issues in the US. Our standard delivery time across the US is typically within 3-5 business days as noted above.

We are diligently working with our fulfillment centers daily to get this current issue resolved and as an experience team we are constantly tracking all of these affected orders since it is our main priority that we provide outstanding, transparent service to our customers.We also want to be honest as to why we are currently facing these shipping issues.

These delays are due to increased shipping constraints/process changes with both our fulfillment center and FedEx due to Covid-19 across the country. Also, the US market as a whole is seeing an all-time high volume in terms of e-commerce fulfillment so major organization such as FedEx are struggling to meet demand and ensure their delivery timeframes.

This also means that our fulfillment centers, as well as FedEx, are taking meticulous measures to have a safe and clean working environment which includes less staff working for both parties on a daily basis to ensure the safety of their employees. That is why our team is aiming to be as flexible as possible on assisting our US Hueligans by providing any solutions that could benefit them from refunds to replacements if need be.

I understand that you want to know what steps we are taking to resolve this and I would be more than willing to share our current steps in resolving the issue:

We have implemented more direct forms of communication between our Customer Experience and Operations team so we can provide real-time information about any possible shipping or fulfillment issue; highlighting the current issues faced due to Covid-19.

In addition, as I noted earlier we are extending our flexibility on returns and waiving shipping fees for any possible returns due to the extended delivery times.

We are also making exceptions and getting in touch with our providers to request returns to sender, cancellations, address changes ,among others things to better the experience for our Hueligans.

Overall, we are sitting down or in this case, virtually having meetings to brainstorm ways to prevent issues like this in the future as well as resolve the current issue since we understand how highly our Hueligans prioritize their Huel product.

Huel is continually growing in the US market which means adhering to a new environment of customers and understanding their demands and expectations. We have been actively listening to our US Hueligans since we launched in 2017 and try to utilize their feedback to better our services every step of the way. To be transparent, our average fulfillment time across the year of 2019 in the US market was within 3-5 business days so I apologize if you feel you’ve received poor delivery timeframes for years.

It was a consideration that we were debating, however, because of the circumstances that our whole world is facing this year, we have decided to put this idea aside for now as we think that promising expedited shipping and possibly increasing or adding shipping costs for it but then not fulfilling our promise would result in a more upsetting (with reason) crowd of customers which we truly do not wish to see.

And I still haven’t received the replacement order you shipped out…

Regarding your replacement and missing powder, I have personally messaged you with a possible solution.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for that honest and direct answer, and its implications. I am impressed. Most companies would have not been as straight forward with someone like myself. I am considering what you wrote.

3 Likes

I’m not going to try to apologize or spin for huel, and not going to victim blame or whatever.

Can you afford to order your next shipment two weeks in advance of running out? This type of food security is a privilege and I don’t want to be insensitive to economic reality for others’ situation. (“Let 'em eat cake” was never acceptable :slight_smile:)

I don’t trust myself enough to keep the ingredients available to DIY huel equivalent, so I’d be back to huel because it’s easier. Even with possible delays in shipping, I’d just order sooner out of my own laziness. “Easy” is what I like about Huel in the first place

1 Like

Why not just plan better? It’s not Huel’s fault. You wouldn’t let yourself run out of toilet paper, would you?

3 Likes

The TP comparison was recently proven that variability in demand (omg, covid!! gimme TP) affects supply.

If expectation is set at 3-5 days for delivery, then “planning better” wouldn’t reasonably include 10 extra days (or 2x-3x time)

I think people could cut the OP some slack for an angry screed written in heat of frustration and no food. It seems like time to cool and honest engagement from Huel mostly de-escalated.

If the new expectation is 13-15 days from order to delivery, then at least he can “plan better”

1 Like

The problem isn’t with Fedex. The problem clearly lies with Huel fulfillment. They probably track label creation dates in their metrics instead of actual ship dates. What gets measured gets done and Huel fulfillment is clearly not up to the task.

1 Like

Count me in on the frustration. I placed my first ever order on Aug 10th. Next day received the Fedex “label has been created” notice. Days go by, and I decide to check the tracking. Still hasn’t been received by Fedex. Support informs me that there’s delays due to covid, etc etc. I haven’t had a single problem with shipping from anywhere else this entire year. I agree with the post above - the metrics must be measuring label creation date instead of actual ship date.

Keep in mind I’ve never even seen or tasted Huel. This is a horrific first impression! I’m 8 days in, and it appears it STILL hasn’t been passed to Fedex. It’s also very discouraging to see that this is “normal”.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @blueeyedme and @lakkdainen. It seems like Heul customer support cares and tries to help, so I feel bad for them taking the brunt of the stick, but I just don’t expect Heul will get any better in shipping than it is now.

Some people don’t have issues and that’s great, but those of us who do and have had issues, it’s a big deal not to eat. If people are lucky enough to get their orders on time every time, it’s easy to sit there and type something like “let them eat cake” (i.e., “plan better”), but that shouldn’t be on us.

I hope Heul gets better, I really do, but I’m still on the fence about what do next. I don’t want to rely on a company for food when the company has a track record of not delivering on time.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind if Huel was upfront about it. Tell the truth, your customers will appreciate it and understand. A simple notice on the order page that it will take up to X days to ship due to Y would do it. Don’t send me a notice that my order has been shipped and then pat yourself on the back for a job well done while a week later it still hasn’t really been shipped. That just ticks me off.