Hueling my runs

Hello Huel,

I have been running Marathons for several years now and after a few weeks of training I can safely say that a pattern has emerged regarding Huel consumption and my training times. My goal is 3.5hrs for my finish time when I run these things which averages to about 8.5mins/mile, though I have noticed a pattern starting to form outside my normal time curve. With, what seems like, no added effort on my part I am blowing my times away by 20-30 seconds per mile. It may not sound like a lot of time to those that don’t run but 20-30 seconds is a huge chunk off of a per mile pace.

Thanks Huel,
Shane Beeler

4 Likes

Back in the day I was a distance runner and 20-30 seconds off / mile is remarkable. What ever the reason for the great times keep it up! I ordered Huel for the first time last week and can’t wait to check it out. I plan to thru-hike the continental divide trail starting next April and I’m hoping that Huel will be a good addition to my food bag.
I’ll post the question to see if any long distance hikers are using it.

Jeff

2 Likes

@Shane_Beeler that is remarkable!

Thanks Shane, I’ve wondered if there were other long distance runners using Huel. I ran 7 ultramarathons last year. The last one I ran, Oct 2019, I drank 2 scoops at mile 15 and 30 to replace those lost calories and act as meals. With some controlled pacing I felt pretty good over the 45 miles. No real fatigue. Getting in calories is important but having the balanced calories and nutrition I think was key. In 2020, looking forward to making it a key fuel everyday, as well as a quick and balanced 200-400 calorie boost during ultras. Going to check out the bars too as I can pop those in my pocket for long training runs.