Huel Nutrition Label

Hi - Brand new to Huel - just placed my order. I’m looking for it to replace my “Quest” bar that i have had every morning for the past few years. I was looking for something more natural with more nutrition, but after I purchased, i noticed the ingredients have a bunch of what looks to be chemicals. I am certainly no nutritionist - am I off base on this one?

I think you’re off base on this one.

All of these fall inside the (nesting) parenthesis for “Vitamin & Mineral Blend” and that’s just what they are - the supplemental vitamins and mineral.

A good chunk of the vitamins and minerals come from the food sources that are the base of Huel, but there are some gaps that have to be filled.

Obviously, James or the other Huel staff can probably be more specific, but I don’t think there’s anything to be concerned about.

You would be hard pressed to find a food that does not contain chemicals; Indeed, chemicals make up all matter in the known universe. :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Joe, fair question! Almost all food has ingredients with a chemical-sounding name. Water, the root of most fruits and vegetables, is known is dihydrogen monoxide. For example, a Kiwi fruit is made from - protein, fat, fiber, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, chloride, carotene, vit B1, B2, nicotinamide, vit C, sucrose, glucose, fructose, malic acid, ozalic acid traces, and salisylic acid.

You should still be careful about what you eat and it really is great that you are being aware, but I’m wanted to clarify that chemical names are not automatically a source of bad nutrition.

You can find details on the sources of our vitamins and minerals, here, along with lots of other helpful guides & articles that go more in depth about our product, here.

2 Likes