Ingredients are supposed to be all natural

I am trying to use huel as a way to reduce body fat, as i have some health issues that restrict my activity level. I noticed quite a bit of ingredients that im unfamiler with, I thought this product was supposed to be a balance of foods that are healthy, so why does it seem like there is a lot of chemical stuff?

1 Like

Like what kind of stuff?

The names of vitamins and essential minerals can look a bit like chemicals (they are) but that doesn’t make them harmful (in fact, they’re called essential for good reason)

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Best to list the ingredients you’re worried about and I bet you’ll get answers that dispell your fears.

Some vitamins are synthetic yes, but this doesn’t mean they’re not effective. Some vitamins and minerals are more bioavailable than others, but that’s the same for vitamins in minerals from foods as well.

Our mission is to provide nutritionally complete, affordable food, and producing a product of Huel’s quality in an organic format would increase the price and potentially limit the number of people who can enjoy it.

However Huel is still a completely non-GMO, vegan product.

2 Likes

In addition to what @Sothan_Huel mentioned, we have a very informative article on huel.com that details the sources of each vitamin and mineral in our Huel formula.

For further clarification, Huel is food just in a different format. It’s made from oats, peas, brown rice, flaxseed, sunflower and coconut, and a bespoke vitamin and mineral blend. Guar Gum is from ground guar beans, Xanthan Gum is a sugar from corn, and Acacia Gum is extracted from Acacia trees. They have been finely ground into a powder to dramatically increase the shelf life and to make it simple to combine all the ingredients together into a single product, without the need for prepping or cooking.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all for your responses, the information is very helpful!!

2 Likes

Your homepage says:

“Huel contains a carefully chosen blend of Oats, Pea Protein, Flaxseed, Brown Rice Protein, MCTs from Coconut, Sunflower Lecithin, a bespoke Vitamin and Mineral Blend, Vanilla Flavor and a Sweetener.”

To have to come on to the forum and explain why there are gums in the mix for texture and shelf life looks shady.

I have other pea protein powders that do not contain these gums and their textures and shelf lives are not an issue.

Huel is a nutritonally complete food, not merely a “protein powder”. Huel nutritionists are very clear in listing all the ingredients and even explaining their product. And when a question arises, they are great in answering it and explaining whatever is asked of them.

Go to their website
Tap Menu
Tap Nutrition
It’s all listed under “Nutritional Information and Ingredients” beginning with “Full Nutritional Profile of Huel” and continuing with a discussion of their formula.

I don’t see why you have such an issue with this that you posted a similar “shady” accusation in two different threads. Do you work for a basic protein powder manufacturer that’s threatened by Huel’s success? :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

@Lizadizzle said it best in a different post…

You’ll have to pry my Huel shaker outta my cold dead hands! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

@Michael_Degood do you work for Soylent?

2 Likes