Huel hot and savory topping ideas

Hi there,

I received my bags of Huel hot and savory both the Thai green curry flavor and the tomato and herb. So far I’ve only tried the Thai green curry flavor and found it quite interesting. While I liked the flavor and texture I’m wondering if you hueligans had any ideas for toppings or maybe even veggies to elevate the flavor and experience?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Hi Mannat, this is such a great question and I cannot wait to hear what Hueligans have tried! Most recently, I have added some cauliflower and I am sure broccoli would be good too! Another thing that I have been meaning to try (that I have heard good things about) is to add some fresh herbs like a little chopped basil or mint which may add another dimension to the flavor!

1 Like

I keep it simple and add some turmeric and other spices as well as hot sauce… Pretty basic lol

2 Likes

Ooooh! That sounds delicious. Thank you,will give it a try.

1 Like

Interesting… sounds good👍

1 Like

I add frozen veggies occasionally (corn, mixed vegetables, etc). For the green curry I like to add some chilli crisp (e.g. Lao Gan Ma) and some Kelp noodles for texture.

I also sometimes find the flavors to be a little muted, I’m not sure if that’s because of variance in my taste buds, failure to mix the powder thoroughly, or adding too much water. In any case, if I feel like the flavor’s just not there I’ll sometimes add a couple of dashes of seasoning salt (I use one called Ranier Foods Fiery Seasoned Salt) and it brings out the flavors.

1 Like

Add a scoop of peanut butter to the Thai Hot and Savory. (Add after the 5 minute “seep”time)

You’ll thank me later.

4 Likes

Someone at HQ once added milk to their Hot & Savory… and loved it. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sounds delicious! Can’t wait to try with these toppings

I added some oregano and a sprinkling of parmesan to the tomato & herb. I’m trying to figure out something to make the chili a little more bean-y and spicy, it already has a sweet overtone so kidney beans would be a good contrast.

I’ve been making the Yellow Coconut Curry, Green Curry, and Spicy Indian Curry with coconut milk (carton, not canned). I’ve also added tofu to those.
I’ve added guacamole and sriracha to the Mexican Chili, but I might add black beans, sliced avocado, and/or veggie grounds in the future.

I should get steamable frozen veggies to add in all of them.
I might get some vegan sour cream to add to the Tomato & Herb when I get that with the next order.