Huel - Hot and Savory -- personal flavor adjustments

Heya, all! New forum member here and I’ve been eating Huel since August. I’ve just recently started eating almost exclusively Huel Hot and Savory. It’s just amazing and I’m so glad to be able to not have to worry about getting a healthy meal.

While the flavors out of the bag are pretty good. We all have our personal preferences, right? I wondered what y’all do to boost your favorite flavors? I’ll start us off.

I add Chia seeds to any flavor if I feel I need extra protein after working out.

Add dry ingredients to the powder. Add wet just after adding the boiling water OR stock. Boiling chicken stock in the microwave then using that as liquid boosts flavor immensely.

Indian Curry

• 2 tbsp coconut Milk Powder
  • 2-3 tbsp plum wine vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Sometimes I add greek yogurt

Thai Green Curry

• 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2-3 tbsp lime juice
  • Sometimes some powdered jalapeno for more spice and flavor - to taste

Mexican Chili (does the flavor seem muted to anyone else?)

• 1 tbsp cumin
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tbsp Aleppo pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp lime juice or 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp dried chives

Mac and Cheeze

• Mushroom soup base to taste (I saw the mushroom chicken flavor and I want that instead of this.)

So what about you? How do you like your Huel?

Hi,

I have been a Hueligan for 12 weeks. 80% of my calories are huel. I eat a regular lunch. Vegetarian. I workout(Yoga/Cycling) for 60 to 90 min/day. The protein snack shakes are my recovery drink.

My HS meals

Herb and Tomato
Tomato Sauce
Nutritional Yeast

1.5 scoop Mac and Cheese + .5 Sweet and Sour
Over bed of Broccoli
2 Tbs BBQ sauce on top

Yellow Coconut Currey
Frozen corn, microwaved

Mexican Chilli
Salsa and Organic Blue corn chips

I eat all with a few glasses of water and a mug of hot tea. I soak in pot with boiling water for 15 min.

I’ve been meaning to try putting huel over a bed of vegetables. Mac + Sweet & Sour over broccoli sounds absolutely amazing. Oh, I need to try bean sprouts.

I also soak my huel for longer than the suggested 5 mins. I find at least 10 helps soften the seeds a little tho going longer than that makes the pea protein complete mush IME. Tasty tasty mush.

Thank you for your preferences!

I am going to have to give some of these a try :heart_eyes:

I add a little hot sauce to the chili flavored one, often the little packets that come from the taco restaurants.

I’m new to Huel but i love the Mac & cheese with a generous sprinkle of Tajin, and I’m going to try Tabasco sauce too - it wants heat and vinegar to cut the stodginess. I want to get umami mushroom seasoning and try that in the tomato, i think it just really needs msg and maybe more onion or garlic (Penzeys Justice blend is my absolute favorite). I like to keep any adjustments to one or maybe two things, since this being easy is the main reason i use it.