Huel Frosty by accident!

I’ve been doing Huel for lunch for a week now and I love it! I haven’t had any intestinal issues at all and I like the flavor as is. I’ve been mixing it with water the night before, stirring with a spoon after adding each scoop to make sure it’s mixed thoroughly. I also throw in a blender ball to help break up any stray lumps. I’ve tried drinking straight after mixing but I prefer it a bit thicker after it sits overnight.

This weekend I tried something new: I mixed it with pea-based milk (Ripple brand). It was so hard to stir with a spoon that I had to get out my immersion blender to get the job done. I left it overnight as usual but in the morning it was WAY thicker than normal - it was exactly like a Wendy’s Frosty in texture! I had to eat it with a spoon. If you want it really thick, I recommend this method!

2 Likes

Yeah, I had made some Huel with Ripple once and it was thick and kinda slimy. Taste was okay but the thickness was too much for me. So I don’t use Ripple anymore.

Nicely done photo - you captured the logo so well they could use this picture in marketing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The following day I made it with Ripple but drank it right away instead of letting it sit overnight. That made all the difference - no spoon required! I’ll stick to water though; no need to add the extra calories.

Wow, that is quite the creation, Laura! However, I think we should refer to it as a Huel Blizzard. Isn’t it Dairy Queen that serves their blizzards upside down?

2 Likes

I think you’re right about Dairy Queen. The texture was just like a Frosty though - very smooth and creamy. I guess you could throw in some Oreos or candy to make it more like a Blizzard!

1 Like

They have a Huel icecream recipe on the site. I’ve used that and frozen it. It tastes really good.

1 Like

… anything Elsa? Or should I let it go? :wink:

3 Likes